Not Again

Dear Readers,

To be clear, this is the one with the cliffhanger. This is a good one, so I'll just let you guys read. please excuse any mistakes I make!

Happy Reading!
<3 Lunie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will

"Nico!! Can you get me some ketchup for Suzie's chicken nuggets? I'm kinda busy!" I yell, holding a crying Angel and trying to get a pouting Suzie to eat her dinner, even though the nuggets aren't dino shaped.

"No," Nico says, walking through the doorway. His eyes are completely white.

"NICO! What- what's wrong?! What are you doing?!" I scream, staring unbelievingly at him. He tilts his head slightly.

"You have nothing. No kids to take care of. No husband. No Nico, the love of your life. No home. All of it, gone."

I turn to the table, and Suzie's place is empty, her dinner gone. I realize that there is no Angel in my arms.

"What's going on?!" I say, frantically searching for my daughters. When I look back we aren't in my house anymore. We're in a field, and glassy-eyed Nico is a lot closer.

"This," he whispers, looking at me unblinkingly, "Is what will happen."

"No," I say, crying and falling to the ground.

"This, Will Solace, son of Apollo, is your future."

"AAH!" I yell, jolting awake. I'm sweaty, and Nico is sleeping beside me in his ninja panda pajamas. I rush to the girls' room and quietly look inside. They're both there.

I go back to our room and lie down, but I'm restless now. No surprise there, what with the adrenaline pumping through me. I walk to the living room and curl up on the couch with a blanket.

Demigod dreams are never just useless nightmares. They always mean something, whether that's an actual prediction of the future - gods, please no - or just a scary way of showing me something else.

It's 3:08 AM. Thi is gonna be a long night.

I spend the next 5 hours shivering and dozing, but whenever I've just drifted off to sleep, WHAM. Another jolt of adrenaline and fear comes coursing through me.

At about 8:00, and hand rests on my shoulder and I nearly jump out of my skin.

"Hey, hey! It's just me," Nico says, raising his hands in surrender. Then he starts rubbing my shoulders. "You okay?"

"I just... had a bad dream. That's all," I say. He sits beside me and looks me in the eye.

"A prediction?" I nod. "About our family?" I nod again. He hugs me. "Oh Sunshine," he murmurs, feeling me shiver. "That bad, huh?"

***

Later that day, we went over to Percy and Annabeth's for lunch. I'd stopped freaking out at that point, and was feeling fine - except for the lingering fear in the back of my mind.

"So, how're the babies?" Nico says to Annabeth, who's holding the 1 month old Harry. His twin sister Rosie is with Percy in the other room. (He's helping keep the kids occupied)

"He's good! Harry and Rosie are both healthy, and doing fine," Annabeth replies. We smile, knowing what it's like to have a newborn in the house.

"Dada!" Angel says, suddenly looking up at me from my lap. She points her chubby fist at baby Harry. "Ooh!"

We laugh. "Yes, Angel-Bear! That's a ba-by. Can you say ba-by?" I say to her, and she giggles, showing off her new teeth.

"BABA!" She screeches happily.

"GUYS! LUNCH IS READY!" Percy calls from the kitchen.

"Come on, Angel-Bear, do you want some lunchie?" I say as I adjust her on my shoulder.

After lunch (Chicken dinos for the Elise and Suzie, cut up ones for Angel, and "tender, flavorful, bread-coated, chicken bits in shapes reminiscent of dinosaurs" for the adults. It's okay - we have kids too. We weren't expecting gourmet meals) we go to the lake for a bit.

As a grandchild of Posiedon, Elise wouldn't come out of the water. As a child of Hermes, Suzie was splashing and pranking Elise the whole time - and their happy shouts could be heard all along the beach - and Percy and I were in there splashing and yelling right along with them.

Nico and Annabeth stayed out of the water mostly, although Nico did do some wading while helping Angel do a little swimming. Annabeth, being a daughter of the goddess of wisdom, stayed out the whole time - until Percy threw her in.

Later that evening, I was in the kitchen cooking up some burgers while Nico played with Angel and Suzie in the front room.

"Hey Nico? Could you get out some ketchup? And the rest of the condiments for burgers as well, I guess." I call into the other room.

"Yeah," he replies coming into the room. He starts to get out the stuff I asked him to.

Then we hear a toy fall on the floor and Angel cries out. Nico Rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Suzie must have taken Angel's toy again. I'll be right back," he says, heading into the other room. I hear a crash.

"Will, get in here right now!" He yells.

"Just a minute, I'm kinda busy!' I reply, trying to turn multiple burgers at once.

"No." Nico says. "Get in here. Right. Now." His tone makes my heart heavy with dread as I walk towards the doorway.

Nico's sitting on the floor, a broken plate beside him. That must have been the crash. He looks up at me, and I instantly see that he's crying. I look around.

Nothing's wrong. The room is relatively clean, and on the floor near Nico's knee is-

Angel's Stuffed rabbit. Realization hits me harder than a slap in the face.

Where are Suzie and Angel?

"Oh no," I whisper, crouching down and picking up the bunny. I hug it as I stare at the floor.

"Who?" Nico says through tears, and I think I say something, but I don't know what it is. I can only think about the claw marks on the ground.

They are an exact replica of the ones that marr Suzie's face. Trust me. They are burned into my conciousness forever.

I turn around, tears pouring down my face, and whisper to Nico,

"They took them. Both of them this time. The same person as last time." I am sobbing silently, and Nico makes a move to hug me.

As I am warmed by his embrace, I whisper to myself and to him,

"Not again."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen, you are WELCOME for that ending!

I'm beginning to understand why Rick loves cliffhangers so much. Nearly killing your readers with suspense is so much fun!!!

ANYWAY, thanks for reading today, guys, and sorry about that cliffhanger...

I think that's a good place to finish the story forever!

I'll let you decide whether or not I'm kidding...

Love you guys, and thanks for reading!
<3 Lunie