"Number 8! You have not been cleared to leave!" I heard Reginald yell after me as I pushed open the front doors.

I was going to lose Five. He was already 3 buildings ahead of me. I stopped running and focused on the boy in front of me. Five was stopped dead in his tracks.

"Keely... Let me go." Five said slowly.

"It doesn't have to go like this, take me with you," I cried out.

"You need to stay here, finish your training," he replied, struggling to free himself.

"I've had enough training!" I said, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

I let Five free. Hoping that he would change his mind and take me away from the Academy. He turned to look at me.

"Well, come on then," he said slowly.

A small smile tugged at my lips and I started running towards him while he stuck out his hand. I took it and I was momentarily blinded.

We travelled through time, different colours popping out as the decades changed until- Nothing. I looked around me, looking at the piles of debris covering the ground.

"Five?!" I yelled.

I pointed my hands to the ground and started lifting up the debris in stacks all the while yelling Fives name.

"Ben? Klaus?" I yelled frantically.

Nobody was in sight. for miles and miles all there was, was rubble. I slumped down against a pile of rubble and rubbed my eyes. My face was red, tears running down it.

"Keely?"

I spun around and saw Five standing mere feet away from me.

"Five!" I said in relief, struggling to get myself to my feet and hugging him tightly.

"I thought I lost you," I mumbled.

"I'm right here," he whispered.

~

We lived in nothingness for  years. Not any other human life other than our own.

I was 56 when we got out of that place. 'The Handler' is what people called her. She found me and Five and offered us each jobs. A 5 year contract for the each of us.

That didn't go as planned. On that faithful day, we left. We were sick of it.

"We need to get back home," Five stated.

"How? What about the contract?" I questioned.

"The contract doesn't matter anymore. We could stop the apocalypse that brought us into this job in the first place,"

Five set down the large gun he was holding and clenched his fists. A large blue circle opened up straight in front of him.

"Don't waste anytime going through after I'm gone," he told me.

"Got it," I replied.

Five threw himself into the portal and disappeared seconds after. I walked towards the portal, took a deep breath, and jumped in.

I pushed myself through the portal, straight after Five had disappeared within. I looked down upon the courtyard of the house I had spent 14 years of my life in. Before I could steady myself, my head collided with the ground.

"God damn it," I groaned, rubbing my head and standing up slowly.

I looked ahead of me and saw my family. The family that I hadn't seen in 45 years.

"Does anyone else see little Number Five and Keely, or is that just me?"

My brows furrowed in confusion before I looked down at my body. I had shrunk significantly. My body looked the same as it did when I was 14.

"Shit,"
~

Yes if we were following the accurate timeline Keely would only be 11 or 12 at this point but I thought it would be better for the story if Keely was 14 and Five was 16.