Chapter 11

"Fall asleep then. Sleep.
And vanish."

The Astronomy Tower was as quiet as the rest of the castle. Due to the light wind, rustling leaves could be heard in the distance. The moon glowed in the night and it's reflection could be seen in the rippling water of the Black Lake.

The door creaked open and Eleanor walked in, followed by Frances who stumbled in after her.

She sat down, crossed-legged, on the floor and beckoned Frances forward to join her.

Eleanor opened the book and scanned through anything that could help her. The first one was about using Necromancy with Blood Magic.

The book states that there was only one known Necromancer who was believed to be a Weissanger too. Though, this belief was not one believed by many.

She took note of his name, and made sure to check who he was related too. Perhaps she was a descendant.

"You know Latin?" Frances asked, interrupting Eleanor who had forgotten she was not alone.

Eleanor looked up, and nodded. "Do you?" She hopes she couldn't.

"No." Eleanor sighed in relief. "I only know a few words but nothing impressive." Frances answered, with a wave of her hand.

After a moment of silence while Eleanor continued reading the rest of the page, she leant back and spoke, "Tell me your secret, I'll tell you mine."

"I'm a seer," Frances shrugged. "I've gotten some control over the premonitions, but sometimes I can see into a persons life, past or future. Though, the stronger their Occulmancy is, the harder it is for me to do it accidentally."

"My mother taught me Occulmancy." Eleanor needed to figure out her mother's surname. She had no clue who she is was and it irked her.

"And your—," Frances began before she froze and zoned out for a full minute before she looked at Eleanor and gasped, "You're a Necromancer!"

"What else did you see?" Eleanor asked. She didn't even know she was a necromancer so how would Frances know.

"A birth mark. One only Necromancers have. Your, your, Mother. She also had one. That's all I saw." Frances shot forward and moved Eleanor's hair away from her neck.

"There," She whispered putting her finger on the birthmark. She moved back and sat down.

Eleanor reaches her hand back to her neck and touched her fingers to the spot Frances had pointed out. She faintly remembered her mother having a birthmark, but she had never noticed the one on her own body.

She had no marks on her skin. No freckles, no beauty spots, no scars. It was a blank canvas and now she had a birthmark, one she shared with her mother.

"Do you know anything about Necromancers?" Eleanor asked. Her curiosity always got the best of her. Her craving for knowledge was powerful and sometimes took over the logical side of her mind.

"A bit. My mother taught me a bit about them when I found out I was a seer." France furrowed her eyebrows as she recalled what she learnt. "The power can only be passed down by blood. Meaning, it had to have been in your family. Your mother, specifically. She has the same birthmark.

"There's not much known about Necromancers, they are very rare and many were killed in fear of their power. Much like many other branches of magic," she finished.

Eleanor nodded, taking in the information. If her mother was a Necromancer, why didn't she tell her?

"Who is your mother?" Frances asked, most likely curious about the line of Necromancers.

"I only know her first name, Annie," Eleanor answered. She didn't have a reason to lie and she trusted Frances, even if the two had met a few weeks ago. She didn't seem like the type to gossip or spread secrets when she had her own.

She knew her father would have her head if he knew she was trusting her so easily.

"Have you tried looking for your father's family tree? She should be in there and so should you," she suggested with a shrug.

Eleanor frowned, "I have, the tree ends with my father. Nothing stating he had a wife or children." She knew that the world didn't know about her until that fateful day but she wanted to know why her parents hid her away from the world.

It can't be because she was a Weissanger and a Necromancer. There has to be more to it. Unless they feared she would be killed off like most of the others.

"Maybe speak to your parents? Ask them?"

Eleanor froze, it felt like there was a lump in her throat as she swallowed. She stared at the sky, silent. She didn't have a lie for that one. If her parents were alive she could have asked them. But they're not and she can't.

So, Eleanor told the truth, at least a part of it, "They're dead."

Frances gasped and brought her hand to her mouth, "Oh, I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it, it's fine," Eleanor muttered.

Frances nodded, "We should go back to the Common Room."

Eleanor sighed and got up, following Frances out of the Astronomy tower and to the Slytherin Common Room where she would pass out under her covers.

________________________________________

Bit of a short chapter, the next one will be longer.

Let me know if you think the story is going too fast or too slow.

I think because it's a Tom Riddle story, it should be a slow burn because of the character he is, but your opinions and thoughts are incredibly helpful.

- walkingmasterpiece xx