Chapter 1

"Kimiko can you please run to the market and get me some parcley?" called my mother from the kitchen she poked her head out into the living room where I sat coloring with some crayons. I looked up at her, her hair was in a loose bun that was now leaving strands in her face she blew them away. I hopped from my seat and ran to her she handed me some money smiling to me I took it while I sat on the ground putting on my sandals I called goodbye as I ran out of the house. Our house was in a quite neighborhood away from the bustle of the city so it took a few minutes to make it there. It was noon and the the market street filled with restaurant's, bars, and food markets were heavily packed with people making business. I navigated past people not much of a challenge as I was half their height anyway I finally made it to the vegetable stand I waited patiently rocking back and forth till the citizen in front of me finished I went up to the stand that came to my nose I stepped on my tippy toes as the man smiled warmly and bended down. 

"Hello what can I do for you?" He asked smiling. 

"Hi I need one batch of parsley for my mom." I said holding a finger to represent I only needed one. The man nodded chuckling as he went and grabbed the parsley he put it in a small bag and handed it to me I fished in my pocket and pulled out the money my mom gave m I handed it to him and bid fore-well. As I walked back home I passed a training ground some children were playing ninja. I don't talk much to the kids since I spend most of my time helping mom in the house, but soon I'll be starting the academy so I would make new friends! I grinned to myself as I made it home I brought the parsley to my mom she thanked me and continued cooking. The rest of the time I played outside with the neighborhood cat but Mrs. Sukiya doesn't mind she said she's getting to old to play with the cat. When mom called me for dinner I went inside to help and set the table dad was still at a mission so it was just us two. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

        I've been counting the hours of when the day would actually come! My first day at the academy today was the ceremony when we would be called individually to be welcomed in our classes. My mother, and I made our way to the academy she smiled fondly at me as I ranted on about what I might learn and such. When we made it were late so my mother went to go stand with the adult and I hurried in line. I ended up being by two boys one on my right had spiky hair tied up, and on the left a boy with black hair that spiked out in the back. I turned to the left first.

"Hi my names Kimiko." I smiled. The boy turned to me before smiling.

"Hi my names Sasuke." He replied before looking around back at the crowd of adults. I poked his shoulder.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked.

"My older brother, he said he was going to be here-wait there he is!" He exclaimed before waving at a boy who had similar features of him.  I smiled before I turned to the other boy the teacher started speaking. He spoke about how we should try our hardest to succeed to become great ninja after that he started calling names in order Sasuke was called then a few other kids I didn't know of. 

"Kimiko Hataya." Called the teacher I smiled as I walked up to him my mother clapped lightly. I waved at her and took the paper handed to me falling back into line. 

"Naruto Uzamaki." As a blonde boy walked up a dreadful silence occurred no one clapped some people even looked distasteful I gave questioning looks at them. I shrugged before I started clapping loudly. People looked at me oddly some even as if I was crazy. I smiled widely clapping and ignoring the looks. The boy looked at me shocked before grinning and taking his papers and falling back into line. After a few more people the children dispersed and headed to their classes I waved to my mother who smiled at me. I followed the students into my class. Everyone sat with friends so I sat in the front next to Naruto. He looked at me shocked.

"Not that I minded..but why did you clap for me?" He asked stuttering nervously.

"I just did." I shrugged smiling. He nodded before going into a full discussion about ramen rambling on and on. I just smiled and nodded not having the heart to tell him...I don't like ramen. A few minutes later someone tapped me on the shoulder I looked to see Sasuke. 

"Can I sit here?" He asked pointint to the seat on my right. 

"Sure!" I spoke as he sat down Sasuke, Naruto, and I soon started talking about ninjas till our sensai who was called Iruka came in and told us how the year was to start after that he dismissed us for recess, and or lunch. I followed the kids outside with Naruto at my side we headed out and I shared my lunch with him. I guess I made a new friend.