New Private Nurse

Beam POV

"Beam, do you want to get a gig as a private nurse? My visa was just issued and you're the only one I know who's needs work." It was a message from a friend.

"Sure!" I replied immediately. "When can I start?"

I'm a volunteer nurse in one of the biggest hospital here in Angeles City. It's been months since I volunteered so I think I can handle a solo patient.

T/N: Angeles City is one of the cities in the PH province of Pampanga. Most of the places in this fic are in Pampanga.

Patient: Khun Roberto
Age: 78
Sex: M
Case: CVA (Stroke Patient), Right Extremities Affected + Naso-Gastreal Tube (NGT)
Duty Hours: M-F, 12 hours shifting schedule
Perks: Free Meal

I stopped volunteering immediately and the next day, I talked to Khun Luchie, the daughter of the patient. "We can arrange for your salary to be paid weekly or monthly, depends on you. By next week, I'll be flying back to Canada because I have work there. My son Forth will be the one in charge here and will handle all your needs."

I just listened silently.

"Take care of papa okay? I'm just not fond of absenteeism."

"Noted khun. No problems on my end about that since I live alone."

I decided to return to my dorm in Angeles City so it will be an easy commute to work. All set up! Everything is ready for work the next day!

My first week on the job flew by in a flash. It was relatively easy.
Administration of meds.
Checking of vital signs.
Patient hygiene care.

All is well and the patient is stable. All the maids are nice and we have loads of visitors. But I have not seen a shadow of Khun Forth yet.

So I asked one of the maids. "Phi, I haven't seen Khun Forth since I got here. Is he even going home?"

"Yes nong. He usually comes gome late so he only meets with the night shift nurse." She answered while handing over my salary in an envelope.

Well, I guess I have to prepare myself since I will be on night shift next week. There's this sense of excitment, I don't know why.

First night shift. Everything is the same except there's less meds to be administered and we are allowed to take naps on duty.

*knock* *knock*

The door swung open while I was monitoring the patient. Then someone spoke in a deep voice.

"How's Khun Po?" I turned to the door.

"Uhm... ahhh... err... Khun? It's..." I was tongue-tied when I saw a tall brown-skinned guy with a chiseled face and expressive eyes. He was wearing a business attire.

Tall, dark, and handsome, indeed.

I was speechless. Promise! To see such a goodlooking dude this late at night. I was unconsciously staring at him.

"K-Khun F-Forth?"

"How's Khun Po?" He repeated his question, this time more crabby.

"130/90 BP. Khun Roberto is stable khun. There's no problem since this morning, as endorsed." I answered quickly.

He approached his sleeping grandfather gave a quick peck on his forehead then exited the room.

"Handsome but grumpy." I murmured.

Four days passed and Khun Forth still treats me with a cold shoulder. It's like he's allergic to me. No matter how much I tried to strike a conversation, he just shrugs me off.