= 31 =

She decided to go for a tight yellow top with a pair of wide-leg belted pants, paired with high heels platform shoes. She tries to avoid appearing too eager all the way she's walking to the car, with Yunho, Jongho and Seonghwa looking at her with amusement on their faces. When she told her that she would be getting lunch with San, they couldn't hide their shock on how and why it happened.

"Are you guys... I don't know," Seonghwa started, "dating or something? Out of a sudden?"

Danbi shook her head even though her heart was saying something different. "No, it's just lunch."

"With his parents," Jongho had added.

"Well, yeah," she uttered, feeling slightly amused at the fact that it's easy for the three of them - Yunho, Jongho and herself - to be pretending like they didn't have any prior conversation that involved the Reflectors.

"San asked you out?" Yunho stuck out his lower lip.

"It's not-" she refuted as she balled her hands into fists. Yunho automatically raised up his hands before running behind Seonghwa to seek protection because she looked like she's about to punch him. "He didn't ask me out. It was just an invitation to lunch with his parents, nothing more."

"You do know how that sounds like, right?" Seonghwa crossed his arms as he pushed Yunho with his butt so that he would stop standing behind him. "Lunch, with his parents."

"Well..." she scratched her head. "He hasn't met them in a long time and I'm just going to be there for moral support."

"Huh, you're even more naive than I thought you were," Seonghwa retorted.

"He definitely asked~ you~ out~" Jongho said in a singsong voice.

"Shut up," she grumbled, their conversation stopped when San called her to say that he's already at the entrance.

"Are you sure you don't need any of us following you?" Jongho asked. "You're still the prime minister's daughter."

"Not for today," she exclaimed before scurrying away. "Plus San is my bodyguard too."

"Oh, it's going to be on the headlines after they finish their date," Seonghwa said.

"Who's going to tell her who San really is?" Yunho lamented.

"Let her find out on her own," Jongho tittered. "She's probably going to find out the moment she knows where they're heading to."

---

San leans against the car as he waits for Danbi, and the moment she comes out of the house he can already feel his heightened heartbeat. The reason why he had refused to look at her directly was because he knew that doing so would make him dysfunctional; it was never the same after the day they hugged. It might not even mean anything to her, but he had started to feel different from then on. Now he can't believe that he outright asked her out to lunch at his parents' house, not after the many months he had spent avoiding them.

He straightens his body when she walks down the stairs, and he automatically holds the door open for her. After a quick thank you from her he smiles, shuts the door and starts driving to their destination. He can't help but look at her from time to time when the car stops at a traffic light, before turning back to the road as the light turns green again.

It seems like she's too caught up in her own thoughts that she doesn't realize how his dimples appear when he's looking at her, switching his smile off the moment he presses on the accelerator again. What she does notice is the road that they're taking, out of Hyacinth District and into Angrec District. She quietly sinks back into the seat before turning to look at him with a tiny bit of suspicion.