Chapter 2

Usopp stood in front of the soccer goal with his knee’s bent. His job was simple, but arguably the most important one of the game. He felt the tension rising as his once friend, but now enemy, dribbled past his teammates with ease. He never thought this day would come, where Luffy would be his opponent. He thought back to the days where they would work together to try to beat Sanji, but lose every time. All of that was irrelevant now. His enemy was closing in, and Usopp needed to predict where he would kick the ball.

‘He’ll go left.’ He thought.

Luffy kicked the ball with all his might, aiming for the right corner of the goal. Usopp hadn’t anticipated this, but tried to recover. However, as soon as he turned his foot, he slipped and fell in the mud.

“GOOOOOAL!!!” Luffy yelled as loud as he could, his fellow freshman gathering around him. They won 3-0, and he had scored every goal. It’s not that either team was especially good. Most of the kids were actually pretty bad at soccer. Several times, Usopp had to leave his post as goalie, just to get the ball away from Luffy. Unfortunately, it was all to no avail.

Usopp punched the ground, and cursed his existence. He felt hurt and betrayed...but mostly, disappointed. He was disappointed in himself. That is, until a hand reached out to him. The hand of his once best friend.

“Great job, Usopp!” Luffy congratulated him. It was simple, but all Usopp needed for his faith in him to be restored.

He grabbed his hand and stood up, tears spilling from his eyes. “Thanks, Buddy.”

Due to Luffy and his friends' competitive natures, PE had always tended to be a little...dramatic.

~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m telling you! This ‘S.S.S’ thing is an abomination! So many beautiful senior ladies, and this is what they decide to do with their last year?!” Zoro listened as his friend, Sanji went on about how disgusted he was by the challenge the seniors were doing.

“It’s not like any of them would date you in the first place.” Zoro told him. He really didn’t know why he hung around Sanji so much. All he ever did was annoy him.

"Vivi, Kalifa, Monet...this was the year that I would finally be with one of you…" Sanji whispered as he slumped in his chair. “Maybe this is a sign...maybe there’s a lady in another class who needs me…but I can’t abandon the women who mean the most to me!” He was getting pretty loud.

Zoro decided to just ignore him. What the seniors did was their own business. Though, he did feel a little annoyed at the thought of a certain girl doing this challenge.

The final bell of the day rang and Zoro told Sanji to get lost. He ignored the insults Sanji threw at him as he walked out of the classroom. He made his way over to Perona’s locker and just stared at her.

“Ew why are you looking at me like that?” She asked with a confused look on her face.

“What are you doing tonight?” He asked.

“Nothing…” Perona was starting to get suspicious. Was he asking her on a…

“Can you drive me to the gym?”

Perona mentaly slapped herself, for coming to such a conclusion. Of course he wasn’t going to ask her that.

“You can walk, can’t you? I just remembered I do have plans tonight!” She pouted.

“Watching Black Butler doesn’t count as plans!” He spat back at her.

“It does if you’re watching it with friends!”