Break ups

A/N: This is going to be two parts, I'll do a make up chapter to go with it :)

Caspian

-You had been arguing back and forth for weeks now. Caspian cared about you more than anything else, and you knew that but sometimes it felt like you couldn't do what you wanted to do because he was scared of you getting hurt. You couldn't sit back and watch your life pass by, you wanted to go on adventures. There'd been rumours going around Narnia that there was a lost island and that the contents of it are unknown, when you heard of it your initial reaction was to pack your bags and go immediately but Caspian didn't feel the same.

"Don't you want to spend time with me? Why won't you let me do anything?" You pleaded with him from across the room.

"I do want to spend time with you. Wow you really think i'm that controlling, huh?" He spat back, you could tell that you had hit a nerve but he needed to hear it sooner or later.

"Maybe I do, this is like the battle all over again. Do you think i'm weak or something? You think I cant handle it, don't you?" You spat, your blood began to boil at the very thought that the only person who truly mattered to you, thought so little of you. You began to question everything about your relationship, wondering if he felt more like a babysitter than a boyfriend. You hated feeling like a liability.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, don't twist things y/n! I am sick and tired of having to pick up the pieces." You could see the anger in his eyes, they no longer sparkled but looked dull with rage, you'd never seen him this mad. The room fell cold. Your heart began to beat so hard that for a second you thought it would leap out of your chest.

You had never really even considered breaking up with Caspian, and for that you felt naive, but in that moment you felt so hurt and torn that you would say absolutely anything to make him hurt as much as you were right now and that's when you said 3 words you'd never forget.

"Fine, we're over" Your words lingered through the air for a few moments before they faded into nothingness leaving the room silent and hollow. You watched as he registered what you had just said, his eyes no longer dull but now glossy as tears welled. You thought that you'd feel better for saying it but instead you felt like you had been winded, the air had been sucked out of your lungs and no matter how badly you wanted to hug him and beg for his forgiveness, you knew you had taken it too far this time, and so you fled the room, you couldn't bare to see his face, the sorrow in his eyes as if his soul had left his body...

Peter

You had been agitated all morning, the summer heat was overwhelming and had kept you up most of the night. You were always grumpy when you were tired and today was no exception. Peter had been clinging to you all morning and usually you'd be over the moon but today you wasn't in the mood for affection.

You stood on the balcony trying to get some fresh air, the gentle breeze hit your skin soothing it from the heat, Peter had noticed you and came up behind you, placing his arms around your waist and resting his head on your shoulder. The sudden impact of heat that radiated off his body only riffled you up more, irritating you to no end.

You shrugged him off and walked back inside, he stood in shock for a second but turned around quickly to confront you before you left the room,

"Y/n, what's going on" You could hear he was genuinely concerned but for some reason it only frustrated you more that he didn't understand, of course you were being completely unreasonable but that didn't ease you any more.

"Just leave me alone, you're so clingy!" You screamed at him, you weren't sure why you said it, god you didn't even mean it but he was the only person there and I guess you took your anger out on him.

"Really, you really think that?" He mumbled under his breath barely able to get the words out at all.

You werent sure how to reply, of course you didn't mean it but you were too stubborn to say other wise, and being as stubborn as you are you couldn't admit that you were in the wrong so instead you said,

"Yes, I mean every word" You said coldly, you wanted to hold him in your arms and comfort him but within seconds you watched his face shift from being hurt to being angry.

"Fine, maybe ill find someone who doesn't find me clingy, there's plenty of girls who are always chasing me and I always chose you over them" He said composing himself before brushing past you as he walked out of the room.

Deep down he was hurt but just like you, he let his emotions get the better of him.

Edmund

Edmund had been acting strange all week. You had been arguing for a while over whether or not you wanted to return to Finchley. You wanted to stay in Narnia, you were in no rush to go but Edmund disagreed. You could tell something was bothering him, he'd move away when you'd try to touch him, avoid eye contact whenever he got the opportunity, he was acting cold. It made to wonder if he just wanted to leave Narnia to get away from you all together.

You walked out into the gardens and saw Edmund sat on the grass admiring some of the pieces from one of his new chess sets. You place your hand on his shoulder, and for a moment you could've sworn that he glanced up and smiled at you but something instantly clicked and his smiled quickly shifted.

"What is your problem?" You huffed out, tired of him treating you this way.

Instead of responding he kept his eyes focused on his chess pieces, his eyes scanning their every detail in an attempt to seem busy.

"I'm speaking to you!" This time your voice raised slightly, you were frustrated.

"Can't you take the hint Y/N?" He spat,
"I don't want to speak to you, I don't want you around me, you're so clingy"

For a second you felt your heart ache, every beat felt harder as if it was trying to rip its way through your chest.

"W-what?" Was the only thing you managed to say, you were in shock.
Edmund had his mood swings but he never acted this way, your gut was telling you that something was up, that he wasn't acting this way for nothing but his words still pained you regardless.

"You heard me. I'm leaving to go back home tomorrow. Stay here for all I care, I'm sure Caspian would be more than happy to have to following him around like a dog." His words poisoned your thoughts. You couldn't understand what would drive him to be this way.

In his mind he thought this was the best way to protect you, he had been having night terrors for weeks now. He had been doing his best to conceal them from you and the only way he knew how to was by avoiding you.

"If you can betray your family. What's stopping you from hurting y/n too? Hand her over to me. Let me take care of her"
and then he'd wake up, with his breath caught in his throat, his heart pounding so fast he could heart it.

You were at a loss for words, tears welled in your eyes and you didn't want him to see you this way so you began to walk away. Your legs felt as though they would give way and a part of you even thought for a second that the ground may just swallow you whole on the spot. The world will still spin without Edmund, but yours won't, you thought.