He's insecure.

Caspian

Caspian had been acting off all day, usually he couldn't get enough of you. He'd be hugging you from behind or giving you unexpected kisses. But today felt different, you knew something was wrong. You walked outside to find him looking out over the balcony. Your heart ached watching his spirit dulled.

"What's wrong Cas, if it's something I've done please just tell me because I can't bare to -" You blurted out before being cut off by Caspian scoffing.

"Heh, not everything is about you Y/N! You're so self absorbed, everything has to be perfect with you." He snapped, turning around to make eye contact with you.

Dont cry, don't cry, you thought to yourself. Caspian was never like this, you hated it when he shouted at you. You wanted to shout back or cry or something but you knew it was deeper than that. And  throughout all the yelling he was still beyond perfect. You could never take that away from him, no amount of bad could ever dim the good he brought into your life.

"What's going on Caspian, Just talk to me... please" You pleaded as you walked closer to him, extending your arms open as you reached for his shoulders to pull him into an embrace. You thought he was going to push you away but he pulled you closer, you felt his relief. He needed you and you needed him and that's how it was always going to be.

"I'm never going to be good enough am I?" He finally let out in between soft whimpers, his head now buried into the crook of your neck, your bodies as close as they could be. They fit perfectly together, like you were made for each other. 

You couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, he was more than good enough. His past had always haunted him but that didn't matter to you because you knew the truth, the real Caspian, the good Caspian. Your eyes stung as you tried to hold back the tears, you pulled away from his hold, moving your hands to his face to make eye contact, his eyes glazed in the sunlight, as if they reflected heavens light itself.

"You are my whole being, my life meant nothing until I met you, my heart aches your name. In you I have found my soulmate."

A single tear streamed down your cheek, and in that moment he knew you meant everything you said, it was genuine. His lips began to part as he tried to speak but before he could, you connected yours to his. Nothing could replace this feeling. He was your muse.

Peter

Evening drew close but the moment was too perfect to end, you and Peter riding into the sunset. And for once you felt free, like nothing else in the world really mattered. All memories of war and death and a once cold Narnia now nothing but warmth, and it was bliss. You watched as Peters hands began to tremble, you thought maybe he was cold or just static from the horse riding but you soon noticed how his smile had faded.

"Peter? Thought for thought?" You questioned as you looked towards him however he didn't look back, keeping his focus straight forward.

"Sure... I'm just worried that's all" He responded.

You pulled the reigns of your horse, stopping still in the grassy fields, the flowers beneath swayed slowly in the wind keeping in rhythm with the beat of your heart. Your eyes not straying from his as he pulled over along side you, you waited in hopes that he'd continue, that he'd open up.

For a moment you were both in complete silence but you knew his thoughts were churning beyond that, he broke the eye contact, your heart broke simultaneously. When he hurt, you hurt.

"I just feel crushed by this endless responsibility, everyone thinks that it's so easy being me, being the older brother, the High king, the 'magnificent' but it's not really that simple." 

His eyes began to well up with tears but you knew he wasn't finished and so you let him continue.

"I'm always looking after everyone else, you know, I'm the responsible one and it doesn't bother me because that's who I am, who I want to be, but what about when my shadows are so overbearing, when my light darkens and there's no one there. No one there for me, who saves me, who comforts me when I'm vulnerable, who fights my demons when I'm down and wounded?"

In that moment you felt betrayed almost, you had always thought you were enough for Peter, that you were the one who was there for him but you had to put his emotions before your own he was upset. 

"Oh Peter, I know I'm not anyones 'High king' or 'magnificent' or of any sort of importance to relate and although I cannot emphasise and only feel sympathy in this situation. I am ALWAYS going to be there. I might not have the strength to fight demons or the light to guide you through the dark but i'll hold your hand and make you feel alive, it might not be enough but it's all I have and my all is everything I shall give." 

"You're magnificent to me" he whispered softly, his words lingered through the air.

You both shared a mere exchange of looks, leaves blew in spirals around you and the sun felt warm on your skin, tingling to the touch. By definition nothing in life was perfect but this moment was overflowing with an intense beauty. And just like that, with fulfilled hearts you rode into the sun set once again, racing through the bracing fields.

Edmund

You were startled as you felt Edmund toss and turn in the sheets of your bed, you felt his panic as you watched him fight through his darkest thoughts even in his unconscious state. You didn't hesitate to wake him as it pained you to watch him suffering. You shook his body lightly to wake him, your fingertips soaked up the moisture of his humid body as he snapped out the nightmare that had captured him. His body quickly snapped up as he held his head in his hands but you pulled him in towards your chest, running your hands through his hair to reassure him. The sweet smell of him laced throughout the air, the smell of him made you feel at home.

"Y/N?" He stuttered softly under his faint breath.

"Yes Ed" 

"Do you really believe people can change?"

You sighed, in your head you knew everything you wanted to say, you knew he was asking you because he was unsure if people still deem him as a traitor for what he did to his family. But you saw past that, he made mistakes like all people, he wasn't a traitor or not anymore at least. You despised Jadis for the way she made Edmund doubt himself. He didn't deserve to feel guilty anymore, he was a beautiful soul and her actions prevented him for believing that too. You felt you're heart strain in a moment of desperation as you wanted nothing more than for him to see what you saw in him. 

"Well do you love me?" You questioned him back.

"Of course I do, you know that. But what does that have to do with my question to you?"

"Well, because if you love me then you need to stop feeling like this. If you love me and you trust the words that I say then you need to believe me when I tell you that I know people change because I've seen it happen. I've fallen in love with the person you are, that same person you seem to doubt and question nonstop but still that is the person I would give my life for. So every time you feel badly about yourself, every time you let the ghost of Jadis make you feel any less than you are then you're limiting my love and you're doubting my words and I can't have that." You ranted.

He broke from you're embrace as his head looked up to you, his eyes made contact with yours, it was as if you could see into his soul and you were enchanted by the appeal of it.

Edmund had always been reticent when it came to opening up about his feelings, a closed book. But then all at once no words were required, he leant in closer to you, filling the gap between you as you're lips began to meet. In kissing him a passion ignited, his touch a reminder that you were alive and in that desire burnt like an everlasting flame.