A Battle In Narnia

How each of the boys react to you wanting to fight in a battle to protect Narnia.

Caspian

When you found out that Narnia was going to battle you felt it was only your duty to be a part of it, these were your people and their lives would always come before your own. Caspian disagreed, he loved the people of Narnia but didn't think they were worth your life. He saw it as more of a suicide mission than you trying to defend the place you loved. 

"YOU'RE NOT GOING Y/N" He screamed at you from across the room as his arm swept across your dressing table, throwing everything on it's surface to the floor. 

It wasn't often you saw him like this but he knew all too well that you would do everything in your power to go, that was just typical stubborn Y/N, after all Narnia meant everything to you. A part of you wanted to scream back but you knew he was just trying to protect you.

"Don't you care about the people, what about all of those who will be killed?" you stuttered, not knowing what to expect next.

You tried to look him in the eyes but you noticed as his started to become teary, the sunlight reflecting off them exposing their earthy brown complexion, like the sort of colour you would expect to see in the soft breeze of autumn. 

You watched as he dropped to his knees pleading you not to go, as if his world rotated around the very thought of you, and in that moment you knew you were his everything as he was yours. If anything bad were to happen to him you would be incomplete and even the idea of loosing him broke your heart and so you understood his concern.

"I won't go then, I won't leave you Caspian. Not now, not ever."

Peter

Peter had always had to be the responsible one ever since he could remember, and as a result it created such a selfless, caring person. I guess it was only to be expected that you would want to fight for your country, it was the reason why he had fallen for you in the first place but he would never let you do it alone.

As you groomed your horse in preparation to leave, of course you hadn't told Peter yet, you weren't sure how he would handle the news. As you brushed over the sheer black coat of your stallion, Scout, you were startled by the rustling of hay behind you. 

As you turned around your eyes were blessed by the sight of Peter, a sight you could never get bored of. He had that typical 'Peter' smile on his face, the sort that would light up a room.

"You're going aren't you?" His spoke softly as he made his way towards you, his voice warmer than the rays of the evening sun.

"You can't talk me out of it if that's what you came to do, you know how much this mea-" You began to ramble.

"Y/N I didn't come to talk you out of anything, I came to join you"

"What?" By this point it was safe to say you were in utter confusion.

"Yeah, I'm going with you. Wherever you go in this world I'll be there with you, we're in this together." His happiness radiated throughout the stables as he grinned wildly. "Always and forever, like I promised."

You let out a small squeal as you leapt into his arms, wrapping your arms around his neck as he lifted you up spinning you around. 

It should be noted that it probably was in fact an inappropriate time to be so excited as the topic being discussed was a war, however the thought of knowing he was with you, knowing you had found your soulmate would always prevail any war or battle you would ever face.

Edmund

You watched in worry as Edmund paced the room, his face stained in anxiety. Only five minutes ago you had broken the news to him that you wanted to leave tomorrow to fight.

You resisted the urge to bite you fingernails as you had been watching him pace relentlessly without having said a word yet and you were unable to figure out what he was thinking.

 You kept replaying the second you told him, the image of his eyes, turning from their usual sun baked earthy brown or the colour of rich coffee, that emit the same glimmer from the moons presence in the pitch black skies on a winters night, into a deathly raven. 

You knew he did this when he wanted to hide his emotions, they say the eyes are the windows to the soul and in that moment It was as if he slammed the windows shut in order to shut out a bitter draught.

You couldn't bare the silence any longer, "Edmund, say something".

Your eyes met his as he stopped pacing and turned to face you.

"No" his voice firm, his stare as intense as ever.

"Wha-" You began to speak but before you could you were interrupted.

"If anyone should fight it should be me, I'm the traitor. It's what I deserve right?" His eyes began to soften as he spoke but his body was still tense, you could tell he wouldn't let this go, let you go.

"No" You returned, thinking you were witty for repeating his reply. He was usually the witty, sarcastic one so you were proud of your quick thinking.

His face lifted into a quick smirk but quickly shifted back to its anxious state.

"Don't be ridiculous,no one sees you that way anymore Edmund, and besides if i'm not allowed to go then neither are you." You reassured him.

Usually you would never take no for an answer but on the rare occasion you accepted it as you knew it was for the best, as no matter what happened you and Edmund were everlasting. No matter what would happen next, you knew deep down that your love for one another would remain unaltered as long as you stuck together.