Back in the living room, Kristin is already on the couch waiting and scrolling through her phone more. "I got a text from Court, she should be here any minute," she says. She looks adorable in her dark skinny jeans with a long cream-colored tunic and camel colored booties. She has a red beanie with the white letters BU stitched on the side and her long hair is flowing down from underneath. Minutes later there's a knock on the door. As soon as Kristin turns the knob, Courtney pops excitedly through the door. "It's game day!" she shouts as she begins dancing around the room. I can't help but laugh and feel like tonight is going to be an unforgettable experience.

"We all look so hot!" Courtney exclaims and I notice she has on a similar outfit to both Kristin and myself. "Let's take a selfie," she adds as we get together snapping a few shots smiling and a couple making silly faces. "Are we all ready?" she asks. Kristin and I both grab our overnight bags and we lock up the apartment as we close the door behind us.

As I ride in the backseat of Courtney's car, I open Instagram on my phone and post a couple of the selfies we just took, captioning it "heading to the home opener! #Terrierhockey" and I tag both Kristin and Courtney. I instantly get a notification that Kat has 'liked' the photos, then I see her comment which reads, I miss you girls...have fun tonight! When we arrive, campus is beyond busy. We eventually find a place to park and then have to walk to Agganis Arena. We follow the rest of the crowd. It's overwhelming to be in the middle of this madness. Once we're inside we go through security and then finally find our seats. The music is loud and videos are playing on the giant screens above the ice. As the seats start to fill and more people file in, I notice that we're surrounded by quite a few of the other girlfriends that I've seen or met at parties. I see Avery a couple rows back. She's sitting with a cute, dark haired girl that I don't recognize. I also catch a glimpse of Rachel as she walks in with a couple girls and they take seats across the aisle from us. I look to Kristin, feeling my eyes widen.

"Just ignore her. She's always at the games, it doesn't mean anything. Have fun and enjoy watching your man tonight," Kristin tries to ease my sudden pang of anxiety.

I'm looking around, trying to take it all in, but there is so much going on that I can't absorb it all. The stands have gradually become a sea of red and white which seems to erupt when the team takes the ice. I find Dex as soon as he hits the ice and I drink in the sight of him. I watch his red and white uniform as he moves on the ice, making quick circles. He's wearing the number 12 and I can see the letter C on the front shoulder, while his upper back reads D. Miller. He moves fluidly over the ice, gliding easily with his hockey stick in his gloved hand as he pushes the puck around, passing and shooting during the team warm up. After the National Anthem plays, the game starts. I'm quickly caught up in the action of the game. It's fast paced and intense to watch. I'm so mesmerized by the back and forth that before I know it the buzzer is sounding for the first intermission. Kristin, Courtney and I make a quick trip to the bathroom before getting in line for snacks and drinks. Avery approaches us while we're in line.

"Hi girls. This is my cousin, Alex. She's a freshman this year so she's excited to finally get to check out a game with me," she says introducing the dark-haired girl with her. We all return her greeting and give a small friendly wave to her cousin. Avery turns her attention in my direction, "Mia, I hate to do this here and now, but I think you deserve to know. Rachel made a few off handed comments about Dex, and I think she might be trying to figure out a way to get him back." This is something I don't want to hear, and I cringe as she continues. "I guess Bobby turned her aside, he had already had his fun with her so she set her sights back on Dex. I think she's just obsessing over him because she doesn't know what else to do. She doesn't really want him, she just doesn't like seeing him happy with someone else," she says.

I almost forget that Kristin and Courtney are listening intently as well, until Kristin's voice breaks into my thoughts, "You have got to be kidding me right now. Why are you doing this? Did Rachel put you up to this?" My thoughts go in the same direction as Kristin's.

"Why...why are you telling me this? If you're friends with Rachel, what is the purpose?" I ask wondering if this is all some big game they're playing.

She looks at me, her eyes appearing sincere, "I just feel like we've started to become friends over the last month and Rachel and I have started to grow apart. She's been acting different and I just felt like you deserved to know. I would want to know if someone was trying to take Chris. I just want to do what's right." I'm shocked and annoyed. I thought worrying about Rachel was behind me and now Avery drops this on me tonight of all nights.

I shake my head, "Thanks for the heads up, but I know how Dex and I feel about each other. I'm not going to let Rachel ruin my night."

"I'm really sorry," Avery says as she and Alex turn to walk towards the bathroom.

We manage to make it back to our seats just in time for the second period to start. My eyes are once again drawn to Dex as he and another player get into a small shoving match, obviously exchanging words with each other. The crowd goes wild when Logan scores, finally putting BU on the board. On the opposite side of the arena I can see a large red and white BU flag waving in the stands as everyone cheers. I am slightly distracted when I catch Rachel and her two friends looking in my direction across the aisle, but I do my best to push her out of my mind and focus back on the game. I see Chris sink a puck in the net right before the buzzer sounds to end the second period and the crowd is on their feet in celebration. I turn and see Avery bouncing up and down clapping her hands together.

After theintermission, the last period goes by in a blur. I try to watch Dex and the rest of the guysplay, but my mind is whirling and I keep glancing in Rachel's direction. Kristin and Courtney have tried their best tokeep me having fun and focused on the action, but I'm delighted when the buzzersounds and the game is over. BU has won,2-0 but all I can think about is getting to Dex and reinforcing our bond.