(27)AWAKE

Gulf blink his eyes slowly as he felt his whole body is numb.
His vision was foggy and he blink more and slowly his vision became clear.

He saw his right arm has an IV fliud running to it. He tried to move but he saw Mew was holding his hand as he is asleep on the side of his bed.

Gulf smiled a little because he know he will receive a hard scolding later for what he did.

He didn't planned it though, but he act in instinct to protect his love.

He slowly played with Mew's soft brown locks.

He caress it for a long time, he vaguely hear Mew's voice in his deep slumber, he was calling him, begging him to wake up.

Mew felt someone was touching his hair, He slowly opened his eyes and look around, and the feeling of relief and happiness poured into him as he saw Gulf was finally awake.

"Baby, thank God! Are you okay? Are you in pain? I'll call the doctor to let them know that you are awake." He gives Gulf a quick peck on his lips before he rush through the door.

Gulf's eyes darted on the close door, he didn't know what time he was asleep. His body cant feel anything yet, maybe the anesthesia is still working on him.

Doctor Sing come inside and he check everything on me.

"You can feel pain after the effect of anesthesia is gone, but all in all, you are okay now, I am Hoping for your fast recovery Director."

Gulf just nodded and smile at him. His voice was raspy and hoarse so he rather remain silent.

After Dr. Singto left, Mild remain.

"We are all worried of you Gulf, I want to talk to you but duty calls and I know Phi Mew here wants to talk to you too, I'll call our friends to let them know that you are awake." Mild said holding his chart on his chest.

"Please let our Mommies know, nong Mild." Mew said as he settled himself beside Gulf.

Mild just nodded and he get out.

Mew look at Gulf with a sharp glare.

"Why did you do it?"

"Love, calm down, first things first. I want to freshen up, I feel sticky and I want to brush my teeth." Gulf said, he really cant stand feeling sticky all over.

Mew helped him in the bathroom, then he wipe Gulf's body with a wet cloth and he brushes Gulf's teeth.

Then after that he change Gulf with his own shirt and sweat pants, careful not to remove the IV.

Then he settled Gulf back on his bed.
"Now, you dont have excuses. You are clean and fresh. Answer me. Why did you do it? What do you think I would feel?"

"Remember before that happened, we had a fight? You didn't accept my help, and that moment that I saw Art will shoot you, without hesitation I am willing to help you.. Loving you means dying for you, love, and I never regretted that I do that because if you were shot, and I saw you bathe with your own blood, I will be crazy."

Mew felt his heart tighten.
"Please... Whatever will happen in the future God forbid, dont harm yourself for me.. I'm not worth your life."

"You are worth it love, everything on you are worth it for me, Im sorry if I scared you, If ever it will happen again, I wont hesitate to do the same action."

"Scared word was underrated baby. I am more than terrified, I cant even move you. Agent Run helped me all along. And your Mom even slapped me, but its okay, I deserved it."