(3) NUMBER

GULF

Sitting there and just watching him calms me, my stress faded and I feel happy.
He became my happy pill and stress reliever without him knowing it.
I wonder how he will react if he knows that i like him. He looks really STRAIGHT for me.

He has a very beautiful and nice calming voice. I enjoyed watching him from a distance.

I noticed him arranging the instruments, thinking that Mew will go home, I stand and decided to go home also. While walking the pathway I received a text from my Mom saying she's waiting on the parking area. I hurriedly go there knowing my Mom was a very busy person I dont want to keep her waiting.

While on the way to the parking area I saw Mew talking to a short cute guy. He even covered Mew's eyes.
I feel a slight pinch on my chest.
I tap it slowly.

"Keep calm heart, he is just your crush, yes just a crush, i am young maybe this is just a phase. I am fine. Im fine" I keep on telling myself until I reach our car.

"Mom I thought you are busy." I kissed her on the cheek.

"Not really, Ive been waiting here for 10 minutes now son." Mom said she's smiling at me.

I got in and sit on the passenger seat. "I stay on the garden Mom while waiting for the driver's call. So when I accepted your text I immediately run here."

"The driver was with your father, he go out of town, anyway how's school?"

"Nothing eventful happen." I look away I dont want her to notice that I am sad.

"As usual that's your answer every time I ask you, anyway did you see Win today?"

Win is my 2nd cousin. Were not very close though.

"Nope. Maybe he's busy, How's the hospital Mom?"

"Still the same full of patients but I am free now and instead of resting I'm thinking of you so I'm here but I am on call if ever emergency happens." She pointed her phone.

"Thank you mom." I give her a small smile.

We are a family of Doctors. We partly owned the Bangkok Medical Center, my mind is set that in the near future I'll work on the medical field maybe a nurse or a doctor.
While my cousin Win wants to decide on his own to be a lawyer. Even though its still early to make decisions we will let our fate decide for us.

My thoughts stopped when I hear my Mom's phone ringing.
She pointed at me to answer it and turned the speaker on.

"Dr. Traipipattanapong speaking."

"Doc, code blue we need you asap."

"I'm on my way." Luckily the Hospital is near our school.

"Mom go directly to the hospital code blue was very serious."

"I know. Seat belts please we're on speed."

Minutes later we've arrived and Mom hurriedly park the car and then run inside.
I shook my head she's on call but she still manage to fetch me.

I ask the nurses on my mom's area of specialization and they said that the patient she operated had a cardiac arrest.

I feel sad. I understand that our lives will end one day but what hurts more are the people we left on this world.

I left a message on my mom's secretary and decided to ride a taxi and go home. Moments later I've arrived home safely.

I changed my clothes and then try to make my homeworks but my mind keep on thinking about Mew.

"Maybe that's his boyfriend, why do i care anyway?"

I finish my homeworks and notice that it is already dark outside, the house helps keep on asking me to eat but I refused.

So I decided to go out of our Subdivision and walk on the busy street, until I feel thirsty. I decided to go inside a 7/11 store and get something to drink.

I didn't expect to see Mew inside.
what a small world! He's still with the same boy earlier.
I tried to avoid them so I walk fast through the line of fridges and get Sprite.
While grabbing one, a veiny hand and arm reach for the same bottle that I am holding. His hand rested perfectly on mine.

"Oh sorry!" It is him! His voice! I face him in shock state not realizing that our faces are just inches away from each other.

I gulped, I can almost hear my loud heartbeat.

"Hey Gulf... Its you," He smiles at me and then reach 3 bottles of Sprite, "Come, lets pay for this"

He holds my arm and grab me gently to the counter.

I simply take my arm back afraid that his companion will see.

"No, I can pay my own drink."

"I insist.."

Before I can say anything, he paid it and open one and then give it to me. My face turns hot again. This is crazy. Im acting like a school girl who got noticed by her crush.

"Thanks phi."

"No problem, come join us."

"No, I mean is it okay?".

"Yeah, I'm with a friend."

He holds my arm again and guide me to the side tables.

"Phi what took you so long? I almost finished my ice-cream." The boy look at us but he stares at me longer and to the hand of Mew on my arm, I subtly removed it.

"I just get something to drink, here this is yours." He give the unopened one. And then he drag another chair and motion me to sit.

"Anyway Art, meet Gulf, he is a new found friend in the school and Gulf he is Art my childhood friend."

Art offered his hand on me.
I accepted it for formality.

"Art Pakpoom Juanchainat, it's nice to know you." He gave me a fake smile and I swear fury was visible on his eyes.

"Gulf Kanawut Traipipattanapong, likewise." I accepted his hand and he grip it hard.

He released it then turn to Mew.
"You promise me Baskin and Robins and look you bring me here!.

"Brat! What you're eating now are most expensive than B&R. thats Ben and Jerry."

I silently watch them interact, they are really close. From time to time I'll join their conversation and I clearly see Art raises his brow on me.

I just keep my calm, I didn't do anything bad to him. Well if he is a bitch. I am bitchier.

"Phi, its late, can you sent me home?" I heard him whisper to Mew.

"Okay, I forgot you have a curfew." Mew laugh and it almost echoed on the store I laugh a little, I can't help it, his laughter is contagious.

I stand up with them and decided to go home also. I walk first outside. I didn't bother to say goodbye to them.

"Hey Gulf! Come with us."
Mew offered, standing next to a sleek black Porsche.

"No thanks, my house is near, just a few blocks away."

"Are you sure?" He stand in front of me and offered his phone.

"Type your phone number just in case, I'll call you if you arrive safely."

Thinking there's nothing wrong with it, I typed my number.

He press something on his phone then my phone on my pocket rang.

"That's me. Save it and call me when you're home." He messes my hair and then wink at me before turning around to his car.

I just stare at his back I cant believe it that he smoothly ask for my number.

Suppasmooth now is his new surname.

I walked home feeling happy.
💕