Freya stared up at Sihtric, nodding her head in understanding as she remained silent.

_____

A month had passed and Ylva continued to train Freya the same way that she had. She made progress, much more progress than Ylva had made at her age. Even she could admit that. And when that month had passed, it was time for her to return to Kattegat with her ships and men.

When Ylva arrived at the docks of Kattegat on one of her ships, she found Bjorn standing there. He was smiling, delighted by the sight of her.

He held his hand out to her, which she grabbed. He helped her off the boat and hugged her, both of them smiling. They slowly pulled away from each other and Bjorn grabbed her by the hand, leading her to a place where they could speak in private.

Coming to a stop, Bjorn turned to her, smiling as she leaned closer to her. "I missed you," He confessed and Ylva smiled up at him.

"I missed you, too. It was dull without you there keeping me company," She admitted, a playful look on her face. She placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned forward, wasting no time kissing him.

The duo began to passionately kiss and briefly, Ylva pulled away, smiling up at Bjorn. Bjorn ran his hand down her body, but stopped at her right breast and gave it a light squeeze.

"And..." Ylva trailed off, pulling away from the kiss to lean closer to Bjorn's ear, "And when we return to Kattegat from Wessex, I have decided to give myself to you fully once and for all."

Bjorn looked down at Ylva with wide eyes and she smiled up at him. He began to smile, only to watch as Ylva's smile gradually faded, "But there's something I must tell you first."

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"My brother Erik..." She trailed off, an uneasy look on her face, "He had a bastard daughter I did not know about. She lives with me now in Ashton. I've taken her in," She explained, causing Bjorn's eyes to widen in shock, "She is annoying and sometimes I wish she were gone, but I cannot kill her. She is just a girl."

"But you worry she'll turn against you one day," Bjorn replied and sighing in defeat, Ylva nodded her head.

"I killed her father. She says she never got along with him, but I still wonder. What if she is the one to kill me one day?" She explained to him and Bjorn nodded in understanding.

"We shall deal with it when we return. I'll help you," He assured her as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it in comfort. Just then, Bjorn glanced around, only to begin frowning in confusion, "Where's your brother, Sihtric?"

"He stayed behind in Ashton. I did not trust the men I left behind, especially with Freya," She informed him and Bjorn began to frown at her.

"Is that her name?" He asked her curiously, "Freya?"

Ylva smiled at Bjorn's question and wasted no time nodding her head. "She is a handful."

"It must run in your blood, then," Bjorn teased Ylva, who laughed and lightly slapped him on the chest.

He laughed as well and wrapped an arm around her. With that, they made their way back over to the ships.

____

It didn't long for the ships to set sail. Ylva found herself on the same ship as Bjorn, Ragnar, Rollo, Torstein, and Lagertha.

Bjorn was sitting on the ground alone, looking to be in deep thought. He was looking down at the ground, not even noticing that Ylva was walking over to him.