CHAPTER 4

"It's nice to know that no one has a grudge on me or has the urge to kill me on the spot now," Coraline told Thaila as they walked down the hallway.

She was able to converse with a few others her way back, two commented nicely about her hair though. She felt like a regular girl. Maybe things were turning out for better. Thaila chuckled.

"That's because they don't know who you are yet. After the principal makes his announcement, it won't be peaches and cream anymore. You'll probably turn most students here into assassins or bounty hunters." Thaila opened the dorm room.

-How comforting- Coraline thought sarcastically.

They passed a girl who waved to them then returned to her book and made their way upstairs.

"She doesn't look unusual, except for the eyes which looks lovely by the way," Coraline said.

"Thanks for the compliment!" The girl called up to them. Thaila looked at Coraline taken aback.

"How did she-"

"Maybe she has telepathy or super hearing" She shrugged reassuring Thaila it's nothing. They are in a magical world.

Just as they approached room 1, Coraline remembered something. Because of that, she flicked Thaila's head.

" Ow, what was that for," She cried rubbing the back of her head.

"You had time to interrogate me about my powers but you didn't tell me what's yours," Coraline glared at her which made her grew cold feet and she held her breath. Damn, the girl is scary.

"I didn't mean to, I must have forgotten." She said with both arms up, she doesn't fully trust the girl yet because of her background but like an old phrase she saw before: Backgrounds don't matter. Or was it looks don't matter, she didn't know.

"I'm a technopath and a mechanical genius, a prodigy one might say, who knows how to have fun." She said as she flicked her hair a little.

She wasn't sure if Coraline knows what she is. "Here, I'll show you," They approached room number 2, Coraline's room.

"As the paper said, each of our doors is keyed to us, right? So if someone tries to open it," Thaila turned the doorknob of Coraline's door. It didn't open then she urged her to open the door. Coraline turned the doorknob of the door and it clicked open.

"Yeah because the door only opens to me," Coraline faced Thaila, she didn't get what she's going at.

"But," Thaila raised her index finger and closed the door. She turned the doorknob and it was still locked then what she did next was amazing.

Thaila snapped her fingers twice, held the doorknob again, and turned it. It clicked open.

"Awesome," Coraline awed. The authorities said the door can't let anyone, talk less of intruders, in. Even someone with super strength or teleportation magic can't break in because it was coated with repelling magic or something like that. But Thaila was able to open it by snapping her fingers.

"Like I said before, a technopath. I was able to unlock it because the doorknob is technological. The doorknob scans your print to know who it's assigned to. The door is coated with magic only; if an intruder wants to forcefully get in like using super strength or teleportation. What I did was simply telling the doorknob I wasn't a threat," She explained.

"I guess that sums it up. I'm a Technopath, someone who can manipulate technology. Do you know that people with this ability are rare, I'm the only one in the school who has it. I'm also restricted from doing what I did since I just invaded someone's privacy, that was why I asked for your consent before I did what I did."

"I've explained my ability. Now, what's yours?" Thaila asked coraline as her eyes held a spark in them.

^^^^^^^^^

Hiya!

Fourth chapter here, what do you think about Thaila's ability? Are you curious about Coraline power yet? You can also comment on what you think should happen.

Question of the day

What's your favourite movie(s)? Mine's Now you see me 1 & 2

I'll try to update sooner if I can but for now Bye!!