Chapter 3 - On the Cloud...

Start from the beginning

A few seconds passed, and the magic circle faded. The god's hair now rested down back to its original state. The god also stopped smiling as he lifted one of his hands and waved it as though to part a curtain.

A few meters behind where Haruto originally stood lay 2 teens, one slightly older than the other.

If Haruto were still there, he would've recognized one of the two to be the person he tried to save and 'should' be in a hospital recovering, and the other is the young driver who was in the truck which caused the accident.

The two lay peacefully on the soft cloud, with no signs of waking up. The god took a look at the two and sighed.

"God of Rebirth, Alejandra, you were only supposed to revive the future hero, so how did these two get swept up in this?"

As the mysterious god said this, a young woman appeared.

Alejandra is by no means any less attractive than the male god. With a dark and healthy skin, amber iris, and long, black hair tied in a braid, the exquisite combination made her seem unique and wondrous.

"These two were in close proximity with the future hero at the time of his death. Since my magic is too strong, it's difficult to narrow to magic circle to the size of only one individual. This cannot all be blamed on me. Since the situation is now like this, we should find a way to resolve this problem rather than argue."

As Alejandra spoke, more gods appeared.

"God of birth, are there any unborn infants that could contain these souls?" The mysterious god spoke.

God of birth: "No, lord. Due to the time reversal, all the bodies in this world are currently occupied by the previous souls."

"So what should we do? Eradicate their souls?" Another god spoke.

"Shut it." The mysterious god said in anger. "Eradicating souls are actions that only the dark faction will do. Do not speak of it again."

The god who spoke earlier backed down in fear.

Soon, another god spoke up. It's a god in the form of a young woman. She has green eyes which shone with a profound light. Her blond hair cascades down to her waist.

"Lord, I have an idea." She spoke quietly, but all the gods quieted down as she spoke so her voice could be heard.

"God of Time, Revelia, let me hear it." The god said.

"Despite how all of the souls in this world were able to withstand my time reversal magic, there happened to be two souls which had shattered before I had casted the magic. The bodies which the two souls used to inhabit are right now just empty vessels. The bodies only moved as it is supposed to right now due to control magic. Perhaps, we can transport their souls into those bodies."

The mysterious god rubbed his chin in thought, then agreed to that idea.

"That will be the plan then. As the forbidden time reversal magic had been used, our control over this world is less than what we previously had by a large margin. Since we had sent a hero to compete with the dark faction, we can no longer directly interfere in the mortal world. Make sure that all of you are careful in your actions.

The surrounding gods took in his order, then they all bowed.

"Orders received, the God of Light, Randelius."

__________________________________

...a little distance away from the conversing gods, Bai Lian had been listening in the whole time. Since he is in a place which he had not been to before, and is surrounded by a mysterious group of 'people'. He had chosen to stay quiet and make sense of this situation.

Though all that had occurred made no sense to him in a realistic sense.

Before he had time to truly absorb the information, he suddenly felt as though something in him is pulled out by a mysterious force, and his consciousness is lost once more.

____________________________________

Alejandra, the god of rebirth has in her hands, the two souls: one gold, and one blue.

'A golden soul! It's almost as bright as the future hero's!' She thought.

Her focus is then directed onto the blue soul, which she only took a glance at. But a few second after that glance, she took another look at it once more.

'I thought a flash of black appeared in this soul for a moment, was it my imagination?'

After observing it for a little longer, Alejandra stopped with her inspections. Instead, she now made preparations to send these two souls into the world below...