Chapter 3 - On the Cloud...

Start from the beginning

The figure takes the shape of a man in his late twenties.

The god has long, white hair shining with a few golden strands. The long waterfall of hair trails down his back, his long legs, and rests on the ground behind him. Due to how straight and silky his hair is, the careless style did not seem messy, but made the god appear more elegant. This feature, accompanied with his golden eyes and mature but beautiful face made the god appear simply heavenly, it is an appearance that could stun the world.

Haruto could only stare as he found it hard to speak a word in front of the god's presence.

The god smiled as he said:

"Your mission in this world is to defeat the demon king. The demon tribe in this world have most of the control over the lands and is trying to gain even more. But simply defeating the demon king isn't enough."

"There's more?" Haruto asked as he wondered what other mission could there be.

"Your other mission is to surpass and overtake the current hero. That would be the only way for the king to support you in the demon king's vanquishment."

Haruto suddenly felt as though something seemed a little weird, so he didn't hesitate to ask:

" Um, you said that there's already a hero right? Since he is a hero, he must be strong, so why couldn't he defeat the demon lord? Why am I summoned instead?"

The god's eyes narrowed as he gritted his teeth and spoke in anger:

"That hero is not worthy of being called a hero. He is a rogue, a child of the demon king himself. It's only because his mother was the previous light priest, and he has the strongest light power that he became the hero."

"His mother was...?" Haruto asked.

"That light priest is dead. Killed by the demon king himself after that rogue's birth."

"So why did the king still appoint him as the hero if that was the case?"

"The king doesn't know, as the god, I oversee all of this."

Haruto quieted down. Turns out that unlike in the comics he had read, the situation in this world is a little more complicated. Though why does this background information sound so similar to the popular online game he had played a while ago? Haruto did not think too much into this as he just labeled it off as a coincidence.

"I understand. I will try my best in this mission."

With this, the god smiled, Haruto thought he saw jasmine flowers blossom around the god as he smiled.

"Great, now I will bestow upon you my blessing to assist you in this world."

With this, the god pointed out one of his fingers, which a golden light emerged and floated over to Haruto.

The golden light paused for a moment in front of Haruto's  head, then it entered right between his eyes.

There was a strange sensation once the light entered. Haruto closed his eyes for a moment to get rid of that sensation, and when that feeling passed, he opened his eyes once more.

His eyes are no longer green, it's instead a bright gold, so bright it seemed like it's glowing.

"Now that I have given you a mission and blessings, are you ready to depart?" The god's voice sounded once more.

"Yes, I'm ready." Haruto said with strong determination.

The god smiled once more as both his hands reached out. His long hair fanned behind him as a strong wave of magic is emitted from the ground. Below Haruto, a complex circle filled with scriptures and symbols appeared. With this, Haruto is enveloped within the warm light, and once the light dissipated, his figure is no longer there.