Chapter 20 - would be lovely

Start from the beginning

I was informed that before my arrival Rudra was here talking to my parents, which really went good as I was told. And since then he is in his bedroom talking to some of his colleague, urgent as he told them.

And as I was told he was indeed on a call, too occupied to acknowledge my presence hanging from his doorframe.

Deciding to take the advantage of the opportunity I stood there for a while admiring his all so confident person.

I couldn't believe my luck that moment how a masterpiece like him I managed to catch, its something I found myself asking every day.
He was an epitome of grace and security, security to those who he love. The people he love are everything to him, he care less for irrelevant just respect but to the people close to his heart, he has the courage to sacrifice himself. And just to my luck he bestowed this love of his on me to the max.
I couldn't be luckier than this.

He stood there in front of his mirror but no, he wasn't admiring his face he was adjusting his collar with one hand, which wasn't holding the phone.
He ran his hand along the button line once or twice- he was agitated.

All he wanted was to cut the call and walk downstairs to all of us. A little part of me was curious to know is the reason of his anxiety, Me?

He wasn't still looking at his face, the one I love so much when he closed his eyes, and put his free hand in his pocket and took a deep breath.
I took this as my time.

Smiling to myself I pushed my hair out of face and walked in as silently as I could. But failed eventually.

The moment I reached to positioned myself where I wanted to be since a long time now - beside him, he opened his eyes and glanced my way through the mirror.

The man masked his shock well.

I beamed whereas he looked at me deep and long. I concentrated back to the image the mirror showed. The image of us.
A beautiful glass vessel and a center table accessory, sitting beside the main piece decoration.
I admire him this strong.

I beckoned him that he is needed downstairs and turned to leave the room when he held my hand.

My eyes opened wide with the unexpected pull.

He talked for a gap of five to ten seconds until the call disconnected when he hugged me from behind earning a gasp from me.

The hug was something I didn't realize I needed since the morning, the hug was assuring, a gesture which put me at ease. And reading his relaxation it had the same effect on him too.
"I missed you"

I smiled and rubbed his hand which was around my chest hugging me and realizing this wasn't enough assuring I kissed it too.

Returning the love, my Rudra buried his nose in my neck and hummed deep, I felt that hum against my back.

"We need to go downstairs"

"Just a moment longer. I need to feel this. You in my room, in my arms is so like a dream."

If it wasn't enough my heart to skip a bit, I think one of my ovaries just exploded.

"You are getting cheesy day by day,"
way to spoil the mood, Manzar.

He laughed sensing my effort,
"I love this. I love us."
And kissed my neck.

I closed my eyes cherishing the moment. I don't think I could ever make a better memory than this of us being first time in his room together.
.

.

This was the time. The moment of truth.

I was waiting the inevitable.

The dinner went fluently, without any further ado they talked fine and we both asked for their blessings.

I held Rudra's hand tight on the table, which didn't go unnoticed by our folks. They exchanged eyes and met us.

It was my mom who first smiled, followed by Rudra's mom, I turned to look at the fathers. Both of them were quite when my father said 'yes' too.

I stared hard on the blank face of Colonel Sinha, who was still engrossed in extracting petroleum from our joined hands when he burst out laughing.

I looked at Rudra, whose eyes within instant widened and horrified he looked at his mother.

His mother smacked her forehead and turned to Rudra's Sister.

The expression on my parents couldn't be more similar to them.

____________________

Hey friends it been a long time. How are you guys doing?
I hope you all are well and awesome.

Only few chapters more are left to end the story and I'll start updating my new one.

Another arranged marriage story of another amazing but difficult to handle character.
Sadhvi.
Love her. Hate her. Understand her and fall with her. Her life is calling her to her fate. And you guys are about to witness her story.
I hope you will love this third peice of mine the same.
Add the story to your library for notifications. The link in my profile.
Don't forget to follow me too.

With love,
Ankita 🐿️

You can follow me on Instagram for more information on updates.
Username-  AnkSun344