The Prophet's Children

I appeared in front of Klaus' cult mansion

I appeared in front of Klaus' cult mansion. My eyes were puffy and bloodshot. Tear stains were in my cheeks and neck. With a sniffle, I rang the door bell. I wrapped my arms around my body to try and comfort myself.

"Oh," the door swung open to show a man with a receding hairline, "can I help you? Are you okay?"

"C-can I speak with Klaus, please?" My voice was just above a whisper.

"Of course, the Prophet will gladly help you. Come here." The man placed a gentle hand in my arm and helped me inside.

"Thank you."

"He should be in his room right now, most likely finishing up prayer." He continued.

Finishing up prayer my ass.

"I can wait." I gave the man a forced smile.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, umm, I'll wait outside his room until he's done." I sniffled as we walked through an open hallway.

"Keechie?" A woman walked toward us.

"Oh, Jill!! This woman..." Keechie trailed off to ask for my name.

"Uh, Tamela."

"Tamela, is looking for the Prophet." Keechie filled her in.

"I can take her. Sandhya needs your help to lead meditation." Jill sent me a large smile.

"Are you okay with that?" Keechie asked me.

"What? Oh, yeah, go do what you have to do. I'll be fine." I sent him a nod.

"Okay...take care of her," Keechie leaned towards Jill and loudly whispered, "she's in a fragile state right now."

"Okay." Jill gave me a look of pity.

"I'm fine." My voice went up an octave higher.

"Oh...she's currently in denial. It's best you lead her to the Prophet as soon as you can." Keechie informed Jill.

"I am not in denial...I've had a shitty night. Again." I pinched my nose, closing my eyes.

"I'll take her there now. Come on." Jill waved me over.

I held back a sigh and followed after her. Jill led me to an iron door with intricate designs. I'll admit, Klaus has style. She gave me a smile and knocked. There was harsh whispers coming from the other side of the door before it opened.