A Question

Niall's P.o.v.

"What's the plan Mr. Horan?" Louis asked. We all ran to the tour bus, getting ready to leave. "Well, somehow I got Paul to let me out for 30 minutes. I have to be back here at 9:00. What time is it?" Liam pulled out his phone reading the time. "8:09." I smiled. I pulled on a beanie. Along with some sunglasses. I walked over to Stephanie, wow she looked amazing. "Come on." I said, pulling her up to her feet. She smiled and followed me to the car.

"Where are we going?" She asked. I kept my eyes on the road and didn't say a word. "You look beautiful by the way." I said at a stop light. She looked at me and I saw the redness in her cheeks. "Green." She said pointing at the light. I looked up and began to drive. "We're here." She laughed. "McDonald's?" I nodded and we got off. "You made me dress up for McDonald's?" She said joking. "Well, I told Lou and Caroline, I was taking you out. I guess they thought somewhere... Special." We walked inside standing inline. "Who said McDonald's wasn't special?" We ordered out food and sat at a table.

"What was this all for Ni?" She asked. I smiled at her and took off my glasses. "Well, I just wanted to say." I said. "I wanted know." I paused. "If you would wanna my... Uh... Girlfriend?" Her face flushed. "I ca-cant Niall." She said, my heart immediately breaking. "We should go, Ni." She said getting up. "Why not?" I asked. "Not here Niall, please." I sighed looking around. People were watching, worried looks on their faces. We got in the car, there was just silence.

Stephanie's P.o.v.

I sat in the car, playing with my bracelet. "Why, Why not?" Niall asked breaking the silence. I sighed. "Please, Niall we'll talk about this tomorrow." He stopped at the red light and looked at me. I refused to look at him, so I continued playing with my bracelet. With one finger, me moved my head so I was facing him. "Please tell me." I shook my head. "Please?" He begged.

"Fine! You want to know why? I can't be loved. I can't love! I don't even know what love is. I'm broken. I can't be fixed. I don't want you to try to fix me, ju-" I yelled before he cut me off. "You can be fixed, I know. A month you've been here and your doing just fine." I shook my head. "No, that's not it." I said. "I'm broken inside. I choose to pretend I'm okay because I want you guys not to worry about me." Gosh, this is the longest red light ever. "Just let me." I looked down at my shoes. "Please, stop Niall. Please." He took a deep breath and looked up. Then the light turned green. I looked up at him, he was crying. I looked back down.

"Oh shit." Niall said before slamming the brakes. We both looked at each other and got out of the car. "Its a cat." He said picking up the scared little kittens. "Does he have a name tag?" He shook his head. "Could we take her with us?" Niall looked at me and slightly smiled. "Sure. Come on."