Therefore the housekeeper directly guided me to cross, to a single corridor located in front of the entrance door. So now I find myself sitting on a big sofa, observing every detail with wonder, especially this large TV. To my right there is a long French door leading to the swimming pool, with a huge garden behind it. While on my left, a kind of small library, not of books but of various classics and famous wines.

Let's say that Nikki's house is a mixture of modernity and antiquity. "You are right, who would not want to have a house like this."

"What?" I ask curiously as I follow her movements, sitting down. She is positioned in front of me, I think a way to analyze me well. I feel observed.

"Are you Mexican? Your face reminds me of my sister." She laughs silently. "Sorry if I speak randomly, I would like to get to know you a little bit, since you are a great friend of Nikki."

I drink quickly, and after that in a calm tone I reply "My mom is Mexican, but I wouldn't define myself that way. I don't speak much Spanish. But I promised myself to learn it if time permits."

Without ceasing to smile, she says "As you can already understand, my accent shows that I'm Latina, in this I must also learn to improve. Although it's still difficult to settle down, I'm happy to have an opportunity like this."

At that point, her eyes gaze at the ground. To make her feel comfortable, I say "You haven't told me your name yet."

Suddenly she looks up, and with an embarrassed expression, she replies "Ah right! I'm Celina Gomez. So I guess your mother speaks Spanish. So why didn't you learn from her?"

She uses an uncertain tone, as if she was afraid of hindering my privacy. Everything makes me understand she is really shy, although her appearance does not show it clearly. With complete peace of mind, I respond, "I really don't have a right explanation for that. Anyway, yes, sometimes I speak Spanish with her, but only with simple words."

At that moment, she nods, as always without stopping to smile. "Well. I at least, suppose you took this beauty from her. A classic Latina standard! And sorry again if I speak in vain."

"You should stop saying sorry. Don't worry." My tone is putting her so much serenity.

In fact after a big sigh, holding back the tears, she replies "You know, it's a difficult time for me to stay away from my family, especially from my children. I thought it would be easy."

She covers her mouth with a hand. "But it's all so different without them."

And looking down, not to be seen that she is crying, she adds "The problem is that with the work visa I didn't think I was traveling alone. So until I have a green card, I won't be able to bring my family, my children here with me."

And wiping away tears, she says, "So it's normal, now that I'm here, to have some mother attitudes towards Nikki."

And without letting me speak, she explains "It's only been a month that I'm here, but let's say your friend has helped me a lot to open up and make me feel at home. So she trusted me. Instead I always thought that, because maybe she didn't have anyone to talk to. At least here."

As she wants to continue, I interrupt her in time. "Celina. The truth that I'm here is to know the reason why, her parents don't know anything about what their daughter is going through. I want to understand if everything has to do with her past."

In that instant, l sense my heart that is accelerating. I'm so nervous...

Touching her forehead, she responds instead, "When I visited her at the hospital, she was really, really, I have no words, poor girl."