From afar Enterprise and Yorktown are watching them, they're happy for Hornet because she's able to be herself more without hesitation even talking with the new ship girls. After those girls finished eating at the mess hall they all separated. However Dunkerque is still accompanying Jean Bart, it's now 4pm...

"Y'all talkative." Jean Bart commented for today's chat and Dunkerque giggled.

"Jean, don't you think we missed those old days before the war started?" Dunkerque replied and Jean Bart is not amused.

"... It's not like I don't like it." Jean Bart paused as they arrived at the docks, seeing their vessels getting repaired then she continued, "But it's just too good."

"True, I missed them. But for now, we've been assigned here to aid the commander." Dunkerque agreed as they're watching their ships being repaired.

"Dunkerque, what do you think about the commander?" Jean Bart asked out of nowhere and she's surprised.

"He might be the strict one and valued victory, but nevertheless he cares for his ship girls." Dunkerque answered but Jean Bart has nothing to say at the moment.

Dunkerque thinks that she got the wrong impression with their commander. Of course, he is the famous "the foolish beast". Where would you see a commander jumping off to his flagship to personally attend the matters by himself while under fire. That of course, happened personally from Jean Bart.

"I see, because... I thought he was a man of stupidity and cowardice." Jean Bart replied and then they left the docks. Then Jean Bart adds, "Geez, he's actually much more bearable than the other commanders."

From there on, Dunkerque understood what she meant. Commander Sieghart just earned her respect. Despite their clashing introductions from the first time they met, it seems he understands Jean Bart well enough. After all, Jean Bart is the leader of Vichya Dominion, she carries many responsibilities within her and she's not telling any of it. She cannot show weakness for it might stain the pride of the battleship. In that case, Dunkerque smiles for this.

"Well, we could visit him later, if you want." Dunkerque suggested and this made Jean Bart annoyed.

"Tsk. No." She outright refused that and Dunkerque giggled after that.

Night fall, Commander Sieghart has been discharged at the infirmary and he's well at the moment but needs more rest to be sure. Just before he's heading out to the building, someone is waiting for him... He thought it was his secretary but it was Jean Bart out of nowhere. He is now panicking inside since he might've accidentally let one of his ship girls resent him or hate him even more than he could imagine, he's totally intimidated. He tries to remain calm and composed as he tries to approach her.

"Stop looking so intimidated. Long as you won't betray me, I won't betray you." She said and that made him froze for a bit to his place.

"Uh... Okay? But umm---" Before he could finish his sentence Jean Bart approached him instead.

"I am here because of Dunkerque's banters. Don't think of anything ya." Jean Bart said as she made a distance from him.

"Oh..." He took note of it then she glares at him

"Don't just make fun of me, le commandant." She warned as he knew before she even said anything.

"Well since I'm out of duty for the moment... Want to take a walk or you're tired?" He asked her out in a friendly way.

"Lonely aren't ya? Hmph. I don't mind, I'm bored anyway." She accepted the invitation, so they made their way to the park and they only spotted a handful of ship girls and they saw stalls were closing.

"By the way, just call me Sieghart when out of duty." He said as they sat down on a nearby bench and gaze upon the sky.

"Whatever." She replied and they remained silent for a minute.

"Anyways, how was your recovery, Jean?" He asked

"Good enough, I guess." She answered "How about you? I heard from Jintsuu and the others that you fainted because of fatigue." She followed up and then Sieghart made a deep sigh and disappointed face because of the event that happened earlier.

"Y-Yeah... I messed up, and didn't rest very well." He admitted but nervously trying to hide his embarrassment for this.

"You're really pushing yourself too hard. What a coincidence." She said in a very annoyed way since she noticed the similarities they have.

"I'm pushing myself too hard because I don't want to repeat the same mistake I did during our last sortie." He explained as he crossed his arms then suddenly remembered he needed to buy soda for both of them. "Wait here."

After a few seconds, he came back with two soda cans in his hands and he gave the other one to Jean Bart. She accepted it.

"Hmph. Fair enough." She said as she stands up with him as she opens the can.

"Hmmm?" He is dumbfounded on what she said.

"How long will you stand over there? Sit down." She said that Sieghart noticed he hadn't sat down, so he complied.

"Le commandant, tell me, do you think the spoils of war are good enough especially the ones we usually get?" She asked out of nowhere as she drank her soda.

"For research purposes, quite. But for survival, I don't think so. However, the rewards should be adequate enough." He answered truthfully as he opened his soda.

"Hmph. You're considerate with many factors. Like a leader should be." She complimented and that made him think of his actions, is he even considerate, he only knows he should enjoy the battle as possible.

"I'll escort you to your dorm building then I'm out." She offered and that made Sieghart surprised and very dumbfounded that why Jean Bart would go that far.

"Alright, I-I'll take that offer then." He reluctantly accepted her offer.