I made my way back to them and handed Lucy the bag, which she lightly pressed against her cheek. Alex was cussing out Ben sending death glares at him, and Madison was rubbing Lucy's back nodding along to him.

"Let's go outside guys." I led them to the front door into fresh air. There were a lot of people hanging around the porch, so we went across the street and sat on the sidewalk.

Lucy cried into my shoulder, and I rubbed her back as Madison comforted her. Alex was still spewing profanities about Ben when a thought popped into my head. When had Lucy gotten to that room? She must've passed me in the hallway with Sam...

My face reddened, remembering what Ben had called me moments ago.

"Luce," I started, worried to hear her answer. "How did Ben get you up there?" She sniffed and rubbed her nose.

"I spilled beer on my shirt after you went to the bathroom, so Erik said I could grab a shirt out of his closet. Ben followed me."

She'd probably seen me with Sam. How had I not noticed them come up?

"Fucking bastard." Alex spat out.

I nodded, pulling Lucy closer into a hug. I didn't want to imagine what he would've done had I not heard them.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, before a thought popped into my head.

Why on earth is Rowan friends with a guy like that?

As if on cue, I heard a loud engine speeding down the street. A black Benz screeched to a halt in front of Eriks house, and Rowan emerged with a deadly look on his face I'd only seen once before. He turned towards the house and stormed in, the kids on the porch moving quickly out of his way.

"Uh oh." Alex said from above my shoulder. "He looks pissed." I nodded in agreement, and moments later the front door burst open. Rowan shoved Ben down the few steps onto the lawn ahead and followed him down. Ben cussed as he landed on the grass and cradled his injured arm.

"Go inside." Rowan said in a quiet, deadly voice to the few groups on the porch and they quickly obeyed his order, closing the door on the way in.

We shuffled silently so we were hidden slightly from view by a car, watching the scene unfold in front of us.

"That asshole you were with the other day broke my fucking arm-" He was cut off as Rowan swung his fist and connected it with his jawbone.

"What the fuck are you thinking?" Rowan yelled, before swinging again. I felt Lucy flinch next to me as we watched Ben get beaten. Rowan took a step back after another hit and watched Ben roll over on the grass, coughing and gasping for breath.

"Fuck you, Rowan." I expected Rowan to hit him again but he crouched down instead. I had to strain my ears to hear him.

"What the fuck are you doing beating girls at a fucking high school graduation party?"

"That was an accident..." He mumbled out. I saw Rowan's fist clench.

"What the fuck were you doing here in the first place Ben?" Ben groaned and grabbed his head with his hand,

"Erik invited me."

"We both know that's not true. Don't fucking lie to me." Ben stayed silent and Rowan stood up, pulling his phone out. He tapped on his screen for a minute before putting it away. "Stay the fuck away from high schoolers Ben. Don't make me tell you twice."

Ben laughed, rolling to his side and sitting up.

"Remember Rowan, I know what you did. And I'm not afraid to tell anyone."