004. weird people

Start from the beginning

Ham Haru looked around the area. "That aside, we're at...?"

"I think we're at a bus station, Unnie." Ham Dan-I glanced at the bus route with her eyes crinkled and her hand on the forehead.

Most of the middle schools around would have their names on the bus stop. Even this station is named 'Ji Jon Middle School' which is weird. I've been living in this neighborhood for 13 years since I was born but I had never heard of this station. Ham Dan-I thought. But what should we do when it already existed...?

Noticing her younger sister's distorted expression, Ham Haru silently unlocked her phone to look up on something.

Let's see... Searching for the station, she thought about the students of Ji Jon Middle School for a moment.

"Haru unnie, what the heck is really going on?? The uniform, mom, that girl named Ban Yeoryeong, everyone, the school, the handsome guy, the people-not to mention the strange hair and eye colors...!" Ham Dan-I fumed.

"I know, I know~" The ebony haired girl nonchalantly replied while scrolling down on her phone. "It's as if we're in a novel or a drama of some sort."

"Yeah! Exactly!"

Ham Dan-I shook her head at that ridiculous idea. They both were fans of web novels, but being in one was a silly fantasy.

"Maybe we read too much of that and now it's getting us. Could this just be a dream? Ow! It's not." The brunette asked her older sister before pinching herself to test it out. The ending? She cried out in pain. "Okay...anyway, today's really weird. What's up with everyone? I'm really starting to think we've lost our minds already. Plus—"

As Ham Dan-I continued to ramble on and on about her day, Ham Haru only nodded in response occasionally.

Suddenly, unbeknownst to her younger twin, Ham Haru mildly froze.

She looked around stepping back from the bus map before checking her phone again.

....Earlier, Dan-I browsed the bus route but there wasn't any name of Dae Dam Middle School on the list... Browsing in the internet only gave me zero results for Dae Dam Middle School...

With her back facing her sister, Ham Dan-I didn't see the fringes covering her twin's darkened eyes.

Not hearing her sister's reply, Ham Dan-I wondered out loud.

"Unnie? Are listening to me?"

The grip on Ham Haru's phone tightened as she pursed her lips.

"Haru unnie...?"

Even if she vividly heard Ham Dan-I calling out to her, her mouth wouldn't open. It felt as if all sounds in the world became muted.

"Haru unnie..."

Ham Haru felt a tap on her shoulder, pulling her back from cloud 9.

"Ah!"

All of a sudden, Ham Haru turned around to her her sister plastering a close eyed grin, casually tucking her phone back inside her bag.

"As I thought~ it seems that Dae Dam doesn't exist. Should we take this opportunity to become a NEET, Dan-I?"

An vein popped out of the brunette's head with a shadow looming over her eyes. She thought Ham Haru was depressed or something and genuinely was concerned; and this happened.

"Please take this seriously, Haru unnie."

"Yes, ma'am." A sweat trickled down the older twin's cheek. At times like these, Ham Dan-I was scary when serious.