016. to call a friend (1)

i can be a call away, but would that be enough to make you stay?

ᅠᅠ╰─> ONLY A few more days until class graces its aggravating presence with the students yet again, and Ham Haru wasn't risking this opportunity to procrastinate go to waste

"Believe in myself~ Konno sekai de~!"

That was, until someone decided to obliterate her bucket list.

The anime opening ringtone swept the room, not leaving a corner unblemished by its upbeat melody─including Ham Haru's supposedly snoozing ears.

Preferably, turning the phone off was the best option to savour the little vacation she had to keep people at bay. But then the girl would've been forced to live without a phone the entire free week if said case occurred.

A nightmare, so to speak.

Who would call me this eagerly in the morning?

Her languid hand grasped the noisy device to answer and brought it against her ear. For once, she wasn't too ecstatic hearing anything related to anime.

"...Your beautiful darling Ham Haru speaking. What can I do for you?"

[ ...um, Ham Haru, did I wake you up...? ]

An oh-so-familiar emotionless voice came through the other end, unknowingly bringing consolation to the girl's once indifferent gaze. Hearing it wasn't one of those anonymous nuisance dropping a call to belittle her like usual, her playfulness resurfaced.

"Ah, it's you~! You didn't bother me. What's up, cool guy?"

[ Can I hang out at your place? I'll buy you breakfast. ]

Hm? Why's he coming over? Ham Haru pulled herself up on her bed together with some glasses and trailed her sight to the hanging calendar by the window.

Ah...it's today. No wonder there's a hint of sadness in his voice.

She perks a grin, even though she couldn't cheer the boy up with it, her happy tone was enough to make up for it. "Sure. If you buy me a large shrimp flavoured ramen, gimbap, and ice cream─I'll take it into consideration~!"