-XXVIII-

"I don't know. He said his lost his father while hunting. Who in their right mind would bring their toddler into a hunt?!" Namjoon huffed, pissed at the boy's parents.

"What's your name dear?" Seokjin asked softly, moving a little bit closer to the boy, allowing Yoongi to see the boy clearly. Yoongi let out a gasp in surprise, looking at the toddler in awe.

"Jung Hoseok." The boy sniffed while Seokjin and Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise.

"You mean you're the Jung Heir?!" Namjoon exclaimed.

"What dat?" Hoseok sniffed. 

"Ah nothing honey. Say, how old are you huh? Little Yoongi here is one!" Seokjin introduced, showing Hoseok Yoongi.

"I'm twee! I oldew!" Hoseok smiled as he stared at the baby in admiration.

"Hobi." Yoongi muttered out as he made grabby hands for Hoseok.

"Wah! I wuv Hobi! Hobi me now!" Hoseok exclaimed happily. "Hobi hold Yoonie?!"

"How about we clean you both in the river first honey?" Namjoon suggests as he really don't like the idea of Hoseok holding Yoongi while covered in dirt and soot.

"Yay! Bath time!" Hoseok exclaimed.

Namjoon undressed Hoseok and bathe with the toddler in the stream together while doing laundry. Seokjin on the otherhand, collected water from the stream using a basin and bathe the baby in it.

While they were busy, unknown to them, a wild boar found their wagon. The boar began to charge at the wheels, not liking the unfamiliar object in its territory. The back wheels got broken and the wagon crashed. Astrid began to neigh loudly, catching the attention of Namjoon and Seokjin.

The boar managed to get in the wagon and ransacked their supplies. Unfortunately, it found their coin sack as gold, silver and bronze glisten inside, attracting the boar's attention.

Namjoon was quick to pull up his trousers and head to the boar, telling Seokjin to stay and protect the pups, to which the omega nodded at even if the alpha can't see.

The boar took the coins sack with his mouth and exited the wagon, only to be showered with stones. Namjoon doesn't have a weapon since it's all inside the now broken wagon. The alpha could only try to knock out the sack of coins and throw stones to ward off the boar.

Luckily, one sharp stone hit the sack and made a small tear, just enough to make some coins spill out. Namjoon kept throwing stones at the sack as the boar charged back to the forest. The alpha quickly collected the remaining coins, only to find out that they lost a great deal of coins.

With an enraged sigh and pheromones, he went to Seokjin who looked at him, worried while releasing reassuring pheromones.

"What happened alpha?"

"The boar broke in the wagon and took our coins. We used to have 50 gold, 23 silver and 30 bronze right?" Namjoon asked, slowly calming down from Seokjin's pheromones. The omega nodded, unconsciously gulping. "Now we have 27 gold, 2 silver and 13 bronze. We can't even buy a small cottage anymore!"

Seokjin looked at Namjoon in shock. They lost so much! The best they can buy with that money is a new wagon!

"Um, mistew you can wiv wif me!" Hoseok offered. "I tell pawents mistews save me and wet mistews wiv wif us!"

Namjoon just smiled bitterly at Hoseok before patting the toddler's head.

"I'm afraid we can't Hoseok. Speaking of your parents, we'll take you home tomorrow alright?" Namjoon said.

They went to the broken wagon and fixed it as best as they can so they just sleep inside at least.

Hoseok and Yoongi immediately fell asleep in between Seokjin and Namjoon.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier hyung. I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me. And I'm sorry I failed to notice the boar attacking the wagon. Now we can't live anywhere." Namjoon cried as he took Seokjin's hand and kissed it over the sleeping pups.

Seokjin smiled reassuringly and reached out for Namjoon's face, drying the alpha's tears.

"It's alright alpha. As long as I have you and Yoongi, it already feels like home. And I understood you earlier but I'm not lying when I say I was a bit hurt."

"You have every right to be hurt. I just wish I could've been better." Namjoon sighed as he held Seokjin's hand on his cheek, leaning into the warm touch before kissing it.

"It's fine Joon-ah. Everything happens for a reason. I'll enjoy my new life with you. Through hardships and joy, I'll stood by you. All I ask is to stand by me and love me too."

"Anything for you my beloved omega."

--

(Day 8 of Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

Hoseok sadly waved at Namjoon and Seokjin with teary eyes as he ran to the manor's gates. Namjoon and Seokjin waved goodbye as well as they continued with their journey of finding a new home.

With their wagon broken, Namjoon let Seokjin who's holding Yoongi ride Astrid while the alpha himself walked. Most of their luggage is carried by Astrid while Namjoon carried some to lighten the load on the poor horse a bit (not that Astrid can't handle it. The horse carried much more luggage than that but Namjoon still felt bad for the animal).

They stopped by an inn for breakfast so they can be on their way again.

"Hello, do you perhaps know anyone who sells a house, cottage or any form of shelter for 27 gold?" Namjoon asked the inn keeper.

"Well, I have an old shack next to the forest. It's quite small but I think you and your family could fot in there. It has only one room but I'm sure it wouldn't be cramped if it's just the three of you. I can give it to you lot for 25 gold." The inn keeper smiled.

Namjoon lighten up.

"Can you show us there kind sir?! I'm quite interested at that offer of yours."

"Sure."

--

Anyone would say that the shack is creepy, old and about to fall apart but for Seokjin and Namjoon, the shack looks beautiful.

The roof has cracks but nothing a little patching up wouldn't fix. Ivy and all kinds of flora covered the walls. Flowers, rich soil and a stream is right beside the shack. From the bedroom window, the green forest could be seen and the kitchen is quite spacious.

"So, are you lot up for it?" The inn keeper asked.

"We'll take it!" The omega and alpha exclaimed happily at the same time.

Namjoon handed the kind man 25 gold and the latter gave him two silver keys in exchange.

"One is for the back door and one is for the front. Stay safe you two!" The inn keeper smiled.

"Thank you my good sir!" Seokjin smiled as he waved at man, Yoongi mimicking him.

"Now our story will start here." Namjoon said, looking at the shack happily.

"Yes. We'll build our family here." Seokjin smiled and kissed the alpha.

They have a lot of work to do but it will be all worth it.