Chapter 8 | The Tremenously Embarrassing Events In Life

humorous nsfw in the middle of the story

________________________________________________________________________________

"Saiki-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!"

Oh, it's just Toritsuka. Let's walk a bit faster.

"Hey! Why are you running from me?"

Saiki rolls his eyes and waits for Toritsuka to catch up, despite knowing he would regret it. It takes a while since the pervert idiot isn't all that good at running. The plastic bag he is holding doesn't help him and his gata clacks noisily against the sidewalk.

"The detention center is the other way."

Toritsuka ignores his snarky comment. "I need a favor! It's about girls again and I—WAIT, SAIKI, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" he cries out, reaching for Saiki's retreating figure. "I have coffee jello!"

Saiki perks up. "...Which girl are you hopelessly obsessing over?"

"I'm not obsessing over her," the spirit-medium grumbles; annoyed how Saiki guessed his priorities so quickly. "She's cute, has good grades, and a good personality. What's not to like?"

"Who is it?"

"(L/n) (Y/n)."

Saiki stares at him with a disgusted look of pure bewilderment and distaste. "Good grief, how hard did you hit your head today?"

The thought of Toritsuka dating (L/n) grosses him out. If they really got together, that would cause issues, considering they both knew about his secret and they were unreliable. Mixing Toritsuka's stupidity and (L/n)'s naivete would probably generate a nuclear explosion of trouble.

"You're so mean, Saiki!" Toritsuka whines. "It's not like I need your help. I can just lure her in with my natural charm~"

Does your natural charm include AIDS? "Why do you need my help anyway? Can't you just summon a ghost?"

To Saiki's surprise, the idiot frowns and shakes his head. "I don't think it's going to work. I tried looking for her guardian spirit, so I can ask what her cup size is."

What a dirtbag.

"But then I realized she didn't have a protective spirit! How bizarre is that? So I don't think she's going to fall for it."

Saiki stops walking. (L/n) doesn't have a protective spirit? According to Toritsuka, everyone has some kind of ghost protecting them. Even Saiki had one which doesn't make any sense since his life has been nothing but a big disaster.

"I can't read her mind," he blurts out suddenly, which he regrets right away. Why is Saiki telling Toritsuka this?

The spirit medium's eyes go wide and disgusting. "WHAT? So you're telling me she could be some kind of serial killer? 2 murders are where I draw the line for hot girls."

"I hope her third victim is you," Saiki deadpans.

Toritsuka sulks at his cutting words. "Hasn't your mother ever taught you if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it?"

__________________________________________

What a dilemma.

No online versions of Merlo Merlo: Love of Illusions exist anywhere, even though it came out a few weeks ago. Normally you would refuse to do anything illegal but you are desperate for the fourth book.

But alas, it was nowhere to be found. Not that you could read it if you found it. The only reason you were able to keep up with the series is that there was an English version for every page on the right.