Chapter 1: And Yet Another Transfer Student!

Saiki Kusuo is a simple person. As long as he isn't in the center of attention, he can be pretty flexible in any scenario. He won't ever be in a particularly angry mood unless someone does something to piss him off, but today was different.

Despite this, Saiki nearly groaned out loud when he learned another transfer student will join Class 3.

Good grief, another student's coming to PK Academy? he grumbles to himself.

It was already exasperating having all the transfer students follow him around, Saiki couldn't bear the thought of having to read another person's private inner thoughts. No doubt the transfer student was going to attempt to befriend everybody, including Saiki himself. It's become something of a pattern now. How utterly vexatious.

Not to mention all of his peers practically exploding with excitement and curiosity. Their thoughts were more loud and overwhelming than usual. It consisted of things like:

'YAY! A new girl to befriend! Hope she's nice.''

'Another transfer student? Do we really need another one?'

'A girl? She better be hot, we already have a fair share of ugly people in this school.'

'Ooh, another person who can recognize my gorgeous presence~'

Before she even arrived, this girl is already causing Saiki problems.

And you would think his classmates would be wary of having another new student come in, especially after Toritsuka's arrival.

A simple person has simple wishes. And Saiki's wish was that this transferee wouldn't bother him, that she would just be a normal girl with an average amount of friends who will never talk to him.

He needs more isolation away from his classmates, due to his unwanted popularity. His 'friends' would practically tackle him at the end of class pestering him to hang out.

Hairo would want to play an aggressive sport and take on ridiculously difficult challenges (no thanks, Saiki would simply be too good at the game), Kaidou would ramble about the Dark Reunion and how he was going to pummel them with his encased powers (no thanks, Saiki doesn't want to lose brain cells today), Nendou would want to eat ramen (no thanks, Saiki doesn't want to lose brain cells today) and Teruhashi will use any excuse to get closer to him.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the last period and all the students got up happily, cheerful that school ends for another day. Just as predicted, Kaido strides to Saiki's desk more excited than usual.

"Oi, Saiki, want to come to my secret hideout?" Kaido slams his hands on Saiki's desk, making his water bottle shake. "It's an abandoned parking space so secretive that even the Dark Reunion can't track us there! We can plan our attack on them so they won't cause the destruction of humanity..."

The unlucky psychic starts zoning out, not in the least bit interested in what the nuisance had to say. All he really wants is to go home early in time for his TV show and maybe pick up a few coffee jellies along the way. If he gets home late, he'll start hearing spoilers from his classmates who watch it on mobile. Kaidou doesn't notice Saiki's uninterested gaze and continues rambling.

"—another girl in the group. Say, Saiki-san, aren't you getting new neighbors soon?"

Saiki blinks a few times to quickly reboot and nods.

"Sweet! If the transfer girl really is your neighbor, then we could walk to school together and we could form a plan to get her to join us and conquer the Dark Reunion once and for all...!"