| Chapter 42 | Caricature

Start from the beginning

What she's about to say next is going to break her heart.

"Gideon. I know what you've been doing."

The said man's head perks up at the sudden tone in his wife's voice. He gulps, her words repeating in his head.

'.. what?' He thinks, starting to panic. He shouldn't have underestimated his wife. That's his biggest mistake.

Now she knows all of the things that he's done?

Some things are just inevitable.

"Dear.." He starts slowly.

"You're... so seflish.." Anita gives a bitter laugh, covering half of her face with her fan as she glares at him." I never knew you could be like this.."

He slams his hands on his desk and stands up hastily. Anita flinches from the sudden act of aggression as Gideon makes his way to her. Attempting to leave, the man quickly closes the door behind her and traps her against the wall.

"You... won't tell anyone... will you?"

His gaze is like a predator looking at it's prey.

'He's insane...!'

Tears fill up in her eyes, feeling like she lost the love of her life. She attempts to push him away as he got extremely close. She doesn't understand.. why is she feeling uncomfortable?

She's loved this person for years but.. why does she not want to be touched my him right now?

"Anita.. you won't say anything, right?" He repeats. The said woman only shivers under his touch, unable to look at him directly in the eye.

"..." she stays silent, afraid of the fact that wherever may come out of her mouth will be the cause of violence.

"Anita." He calls her name again, making the lady shake in fear.

'N-no..! Please don't say my name anymore...'

He brings himself closer to her face, his lips grazing her cheek. She closes her eyes tightly, facing away and attempting to avoid his advances.

Gideon clicks his tongue in annoyance, grabbing Anita by the wrist and throwing her on the floor.

She falls with a loud yelp, her wrist red from the tight grip.

"H-HEL—MPH..!" Gideon covers her mouth, his large hands almost covering the entirety of her face.

"I'm doing this for our family! You can't betray me like this!" He shouts at her angrily, his hand tightening around her mouth. She struggles to take of his hand which also blocks her from breathing through her nose.

She could feel her consciousness slipping away, tears pouring from her eyes at the pathetic situation as she is unable to save herself.

'R-Raoul... Rina.." she thinks desperately.

BAM

The locked doors burst open to pieces. Gideon flinches from the sudden entrance and attempts to protect himself from the debris, thankfully, also letting go of Anita who is now unconscious.

Orson overlooks the situation, his eyes sharpening and giving a deathly glare at Gideon.

"My lord... what have you done?" He growls.