shocking

"i swear to god i'll kill that bitch!" i hear a voice say, a russian one that is. i sit up in my bed and hear the door slam in the cell next to me.

"red?" i ask. there's a pause before a response.

"austin?!" red responds after a moment, with joy in her voice.

"what happened?" i ask, leaning up against the wall with an air vent on it.

"they took me away from my grandchild, all because of that bitch frieda." she tells me, anger in her tone.

"i'm so sorry red... is nicky okay?" i ask her after a moment.

"yes, she misses you very much. so does sage and alex." she tells me. i feel a tear run down my cheek but i don't feel sad. i don't feel anything.

"austin are you doing okay?" red asks, i can hear her get closer to the vent.

"if i said yes would you believe me?" i respond.

"not really." she says back.

"what's going on?" red asks.

"the fucking warden is torturing me." i tell her finally.

"can you do something about it?" red asks me.

"no. i've killed two people. she won't let me talk to the police anyways but even if she did, they wouldn't believe me." i tell her.

red lets out a deep sigh and i slump further down the wall.

~

"royale." i hear a voice say from outside my cell door. i quickly sit up, realizing i fell asleep on the floor next to the vent.

my cell door opens and it's miles. instead of telling me to get out, he enters my cell and closes the door, leaving it open about an inch.

"the warden wants you." he says, squating now next to me.

"fuck man, i cant keep doing this." i tell him, hesitant to stand up.

"i know, and i have a plan. but it's not ready yet. you have to hang in there until it is. i promised sage i would look out for you and i don't plan on breaking that promise." CO miles says quietly.

"but we have to go. just stay strong okay?" he says, reaching for the cuffs on the back of his belt.

i slowly stand up and let him cuff me. he leads me out of the SHU and down to the basement.

before he opens the door, he gives me a sad look, then nods at me. i nod back and he opens the door to the boiler room and closes the door behind me.

i hesitantly enter the dark room, and notice there's no chair.

before i can do anything, i'm grabbed from behind and a cloth is shoved into my mouth, muffling my screams.

as i'm being roughly moved around, a blindfold is tied around my eyes, making me scream louder. i start to choke on the rag but the warden doesn't stop.

i feel my shirt get lifted off my body, making the blindfold slightly slip off my left eye. i can make out the shape of a cart with a box on it, attached to some wires.

the warden notices and quickly puts the blindfold back over my eyes.

i feel myself sat down on a chair, then a rope is tightly tied around my body. i try to fight it off but it's too tight, and instead just burns my skin.

i feel something stuck to different areas of my chest and after a moment the blindfold is ripped off my face.

i rapidly look around in panic, then down at my chest. there's wires in four corners of my torso and stomach.

my body locks up when i see what they're connected to.

"we are going to play a game." the warden says with a smile. i try to scream but the rag muffles the sound.

"i'm going to ask you a question, and if you get it wrong, well, here i'll show you." she says, turning a knob on the box.

i feel jolts if electricity shoot through my body, causing all my muscles to spasm. my muffled screams get louder, but she doesn't stop.

when the warden finally turns the machine off, i start to fight the restraints.

"there's no use. let's start the game." she says.

"first question: what is your name." she asks and i try to speak but the rag is still stuffed in my mouth.

"wrong." she says, turning the knob of the machine higher than it was before.

my body locks up as i feel pain throughout my whole upper body. i cant scream anymore so i just whimper in pain.

"oh, my apologies." she says, as she takes the rag out of my mouth. i immediately begin to gasp for air as she returns to her spot next to the box.

"i'll ask again, what is your name." she says, her fingers on the knob, anxiously waiting to shock me again.

"a-austin r-royale." i say, barely able to speak.

"wrong again." she says, smiling as she turns the knob.

this time i can let out a real scream, and i do exactly that. she lets the electricity go on for longer than before, my screams don't get any quieter.

as she finally turns it off, i continue to scream. i'm quickly silenced by a slap across my face.

"don't make me put the gag back." she threatens and i gasp for air once again.

"you're not austin. you're nothing. you're nobody. you're just a murderer that will rot in prison for killing my niece. a savage animal that is nothing but my toy. my source of entertainment now." she says with that same evil smirk.

i squeeze my eyes shut as she walks towards me. i feel one of the wires removed from the right side of my chest and she roughly puts it over one of my bullet wound scars.

"let's try this again." she says, walking back towards the electric machine.

and she turns the knob once again.