fuck you grandma

"cmon get up and say bye to piper." nicky says gently shaking me away. i slowly open my eyes and see dim light shining through my cell window.

i slowly get out of bed, rubbing my eyes, and exit my cell.

"austin, nicky." piper says with tears forming in her eyes. she gives nicky a tight hug.

"you're going to do great things kid, better not see you back here." nicky jokes as she pulls away from the hug.

next piper looks at me and pulls me into a hug.

"you should be so proud of yourself." i tell piper and when she pulls away she gives me a slightly sad look. guess she remembered i'm never getting out.

"please keep alex out of trouble for me." piper asks nicky and i and we promise her.

"i love you guys." piper says wiping the tears from her cheek.

"we love you too kid." nicky says as she exits the cell block.

after a while, i head to breakfast with sage. we enter the cafeteria and our attention immediately shifts to alex crying at our table.

i walk over and hug her from behind as she buries her head into my elbow.

"it's alright kid shes going to come visit." nicky reassures her but she keeps crying.

red walks over from the kitchen and hands alex a yogurt. she looks up and smiles at red as she peels the aluminum cover off the container.

"you doing okay austin?" red asks me. i haven't had time to look in the mirror but from the way she's looking at me i must appear pretty rough.

"yeah i'm okay" i tell her as sage puts a tray down in front of me. i look down to see eggs and bacon.

"this looks great red." i tell her and she smiles. i glance over at jax and see her slowly stirring her tea, staring at sage.

after breakfast, i head to the supply closet to start my cleaning duty. i fill the mop bucket with soapy water and stack the cart full of cleaning supplies.

as i exit the closet, i head towards the showers. they're completely empty and the sound of the cart rolling echoes throughout the room.

i dip the mop into the bucket and start mopping the floors, humming to pass the time.

say what you want about prison showers but the acoustics are phenomenal.

i hear the door open and quickly turn my head to see who it is. and sure enough, it's jax and two of her goons.

"austin! how are you?" jax asks me and i hold the mop up in self defense. before i can respond her goons walk over to me.

i panic and immediately pick up the spray bottle of bleach and spray one of the girls in the face, causing her to scream and fall to the ground.

the other girl quickly knocks the bottle out of my hand and wrestles me for the mop.

i twist it out of her grasp and hit her over the head with it, sending her flying to the floor as well.

jax looks at me with a smile, almost like she's impressed with how quickly i took them down.

"see, i'm having a predicament." she starts, inching towards me.

"unfortunately, you're withdraws weren't enough for you to come crawling to me for a fix." she says getting even closer. i tighten my grip on the mop even more, ready to fight her off.

"you're my best weapon against your sister, so i guess i need to try again." she says, about a foot away from me now.

"i won't fight a grandma, kinda goes against my morals." i say with a smirk, and she returns one.

"there will be no fighting involved." she says, her face inches from mine. i scrunch up my face, trying to get the smell of her hot breath out of my nose.

before i can do anything, jax winds up and punches me straight in the face. i drop the mop and crash backwards into the cement wall.

i violently blink for a moment, trying to shake it off, when she throws another punch.

i put my hand up and wipe my face, lookin down at my hand which is now covered in blood.

jax puts her fist up again, but i shove her back before she can swing.

"i thought you wouldn't fight a sweet old lady like myself." she says slowly backing up as i walk towards her.

jax quickly charges at me, punching me once again, but this time in the temple. i'm thrown off balance and fall to the ground, hitting my head on the hard tile floor.

"cmon royale, you can do better than this." she says with a smile. i quickly shake my head trying to recalibrate and push myself to my feet.

i lock eyes with her as i spit blood onto the floor at her feet. i slowly smile and punch her in the face as hard as i can.

jax quickly falls backwards onto the floor and i immediately get on top of her, holding her throat as tight as i can with my bloody fists.

she begins gasping for air, but i just tighten my grip. just as her eyes begin to shut, her hand quickly swipes towards my face, but i dodge it just in time.

i roll off of her and notice a syringe in her hand, filled with heroin.

"lethal dose?" i ask her, trying to catch my breath as she does the same.

"only for somebody who has never used. just the right amount for a junkie to need more." she says with a smirk, getting to her feet.

i slowly lift myself up as she flicks the syringe. jax walks towards me and for a moment i just consider giving up.

"just get it over with." i say, watching her point the needle at me. as she goes on to inject it, i hit her arm as hard as i can, knocking the heroin to the ground.

i drop to my knees picking up the syringe, and jax kicks me in the face. i hold onto the syringe as tight as i can, as she kicks me over and over again.

i lean up against the wall, barely able to see through the blood filling my eyes. jax squats down in front of me, a foot from my face.

"i will be top dog." she whispers.

"over my dead body." i say, using all of my strength to lift my arm up,

and i stab her directly through the eye with the syringe.