|7| - Truth or Dare

Today's forecast predicted that a thunderstorm would hang around the island for the entirety of the day, so all outside activities (aside from rescues) were put on hold. Everyone was bored out of their minds from being cooped up inside, so Cody decided to get them to play a game of Truth or Dare.

"What's truth or dare again?" Blades asked, seeming to still be confused on the concept of the game.

Heatwave groaned and smacked himself in the face, but Cody jumped in before he could make any aggressive remarks. You couldn't blame him for being annoyed. Cody had explained the game three times beforehand and frankly, you were annoyed too.

"Truth or dare is simple, Blades. We take turns asking truth or dare. When it's your turn, you pick a person and ask them 'truth or dare?'. Then it's that person's turn to ask another person the same question. You can only pick one option." Cody explained as he sat down on the floor. His family was sitting close to him, while the bots were sitting across from them in their own half-circle.

Chase looked concerned. "Are you sure these 'dares' will follow necessary safety and legal requirements?"

Chief Burns laughed and shook his head. "Don't worry, Chase. I'll make sure the dares won't get out of hand this time." He then shot Kade a look. "That means you, Kade."

Kade simply scoffed and crossed his arms in obvious denial.

"Okay, can we start now? It feels like we've been here for ages." You huffed, propping yourself up with your servos. You weren't exactly excited for this game since it seemed pretty boring, so you just wanted to get it over with.

Hopefully it would stop raining soon. Or maybe a rescue call would conveniently end the game. 

"Yes! Who wants to go first?" Cody asked, looking around at everyone.

"I want to." Heatwave butted in just as Blades opened his mouth to speak.

You gave him a look of disapproval, which was returned with that shit-eating grin of his. You rolled your optics, already knowing what was going to happen. He was going to make you do some stupid dare just to make a fool of yourself. Whatever. It didn't really matter. All you had to say was truth.

Cody smiled and nodded. "Okay, Heatwave. Who are you gonna ask?"

Heatwave's grin only grew wider as he set optics on you. "Y/N," He began. "I dare you to-"

"You have to ask truth or dare first, hotshot." You snorted, stifling a laugh that only became more obvious the more you tried to hold it in.

The look on Heatwave's face was priceless and it took every ounce of self-control you had not to bust out laughing right then and there.

Heatwave growled at you, but only grumbled a few things under his breath before regaining his composure. "Fine. Y/N, truth or dare?"

You could tell that he was trying to intimidate you into saying dare, but you weren't falling for it. He didn't scare you at all. That's what really ground his gears. He wanted you to be scared because it boosted his ego. But you weren't dumb, so you weren't going to fuel his egotistical attitude.

With a sickly sweet smile on your face, you gave him the complete opposite answer. "Truth."

Now he was scrambling. He hadn't expected you to say truth until now, so he wasn't prepared. It took a few seconds of embarrassing fumbling until he finally managed to scrape together a question. He had no possible idea of the potential that the truth option held, but he would soon find out.

"Have you ever cheated on anything?" He asked, making it very obvious that he was trying to keep his composure.

That was an easy answer. "No." You replied with a smug grin, watching as he silently stewed in his own anger. You loved messing with him. It was just so easy to push his buttons because he had a fiery temper. After answering the question, you turned to Cody. "My turn, right?"

Cody nodded and gave you a thumbs up.

The game went on for around thirty minutes or so. Everyone kept picking dare early on (except for you, of course) and eventually they got tired of having to do such silly things, so they then resorted to truth. You noticed that the questions were beginning to get more personal as each person or bot's turn passed, which gave you an idea.

After answering a simple truth question from Chase, you decided to go through with your plan. "Heatwave." You said, smiling when he groaned dramatically and shot you a murderous glare. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Heatwave quickly replied, his patience already growing thin.

You chuckled softly and leaned back a bit, acting like what you were about to ask wasn't such a big deal so it would lull him into a false sense of security. You wanted to catch him by surprise. And boy, did you do just that.

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" You refrained from laughing when you saw his face turn a bright shade of blue. You just embarrassed him in front of everyone! That's exactly what you were going for.

Heatwave fumbled for words, opening and closing his mouth several times as he tried to come up with an answer. Everyone was staring at him now, waiting patiently for an answer as the suspense built up. If he could sweat, he would be absolutely drenched right now.

"U-Um.." He stuttered, trying desperately to avert his gaze from you because he knew he would crack if he even looked at you.

"Answer the question, Heatwave. Everyone's waiting." You cooed teasingly, a smirk playing at your dermas. You were relishing every moment of this, knowing it probably wouldn't happen again.

The poor firetruck looked like he was going to short-circuit from embarrassment if another word even left his mouth. He just couldn't formulate an answer, his processor was a mess. After another minute of agonizing silence passed by, he suddenly shot to his pedes and took off down the hallway.

Everyone just sat there in confusion, but you weren't done yet. You wanted an answer.

You got up, ignoring the shouts of surprise as you lunged right over the Burns family and raced after him. He wasn't going to escape this time. Not on your watch.