Chapter 47: His brother.

Start from the beginning

I glare at all of them in annoyance and excuse myself from the table to call Wesley.

"Mrs Black."

"Hi, Wesley. How are you?"

"I'm well, and you?"

"I don't know! Has he said anything about me? Does he hate me?" I ask, helplessly.

He clears his throat. "He could never hate you."

"Then has he said anything?"

"About you, no."

I sigh. "How is he then? Is he feeling better?"

"Yes, the doctors said he'll be discharged soon."

"Okay. Thank you, Wesley. Have a nice evening." I tell him.

I wait for him to reply but he doesn't say anything but just as I'm about to hang up, he speaks. "Amelia?"

"Yes?"

"When it comes to Adam, you have nothing to worry about. We'll be home soon. Sleep well." He says.

"Thanks." I mutter then hang up because Wesley is too polite to hang up.

I think about what he said and how wrong he is. I have everything to worry about when it comes to Adam.

I feel tears in my eyes and I quietly let them out. I finish then go back to the dining room and ask my mum and friends what they are talking about.

"I'm just giving them beautiful reasons why they should get married." Mum says.

"Tell them, Amelia! The safety and security that comes with it, having someone to share your life with, someone to come home to. It's beautiful." She adds, looking at me.

I raise my eyebrow. "How about all the heartache and the fights?"

"The best things in life are the hardest." Emily whispers blankly.

My mum's eyes light up and she beams at Emily. "Exactly!"

But Emily seems lost in a deep thought.

"Now, that you girls are about to graduate, the next step for you is obviously getting a job and that's it."

"Well, we're both single so getting married will be kind of hard right now." Cam says.

"Oh, nonsense! It took only a few hours of phone calls to find Ian the perfect wife. You can have a husband whenever you want."

"Mum! Stop lying to them."

"It took a week to get everything sorted for you and Adam." She retorts.

"Yes but look where we are now, he doesn't even love me."

"He might not love you but he definitely feels something for you." Nicole says.

"What the heck are you talking about? God! I wish Jasmine was here. She's more realistic than all of you bitches."

Where is Jas anyway? I haven't seen her in a while. I know Chloe is at Jacob and Tyler's but Jasmine I have no idea.

"It doesn't take a genius to know how smitten he is by you." Emily shrugs.

"It was nice talking to you girls like always. I have to go put on some makeup on this old face of mine and go to the office."

"You're not wearing makeup? Are you kidding me?!" Nicole asks her.

"No."

"But your face looks amazing. What kind of cream do you use?" Cam adds.

"Cream? I don-ohhhh, it's our new facial care products. The serum! It contains a glowing agent."