"Does he want to see me?" I said in a small voice.

"I...honestly don't know. Give him time. By the way, they have you to deliver the food to the meeting upstairs. I'll get on top of that as soon as possible if I were you. They're important people." Araceli left me alone.

One of the workers told me room number the meeting was held in-depth Muttering curses under my breath, I picked up two platters of desserts and exited the kitchen doors. Loud mariachi music played as I walked the halls. People were dancing to the music and conversing. I dogged people as I made my way toward the stairs.

In the corner of my eye, I swore I saw Diego dancing with shaggy wavy hair. I shook my head at the thought. He would never let a girl lead. A blonde woman with her back facing me stood in front of the stairwell, blocking my way.

"Excuse me, I need to pass through." I told her.

"Oh, I'm sorry darling!" The woman turned to face me and stepped a side. My heart stopped as I stood in front of Mom. "Go ahead, dear."

"M-Mom?" I gasped.

"I'm sorry?" She blinked in confusion.

"I-how." I stuttered over my words.

"I think you're confusing me with someone else, hun."

"Yeah, um, sorry. I've have had a bad day. Have a good night." I gave her a smile and quickly walked passed her. "I'm loosing my mind. I'm loosing it."

With a shaky breath, I recollected myself. I rolled my shoulders and walked down the hallway. Looking for the room number, I stopped in front of the door. I used my foot to tap the door to signal that I was there.

"Come on in." Someone opened the door for me.

I gave the man a nod, walking past him. When I entered the room, twelve people were lounging around the coffee table. I placed the tray of Mexican desserts on the table and turned to leave. A tall man stood in my way.

Of all the people I had to see again, it had to be Dad. I held back a groan.

"Well, move." He scoffed.

"Oh, this day just keeps getting better and better." I sighed, speaking in Mandarin.

"I beg your pardon?" Sir Reginald Hargreeves adjusted his monocle, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Nothing. Have a wonderful day." I plastered a fake smile on my lips.

I started to walk past him, mouthing, "bastard" under my breath. A familiar tug in my stomach caused me to stop in my tracks. A flash of Five standing in the closet staring at me with wide eyes popped into my vision. It was gone as quick as it came. I quickly averted my eyes to the closet, keeping my head facing the entrance of the room.

"Is there a problem?" Sir Hargreeves questioned.

"No sir, I was just about to ask if you wanted anything else from the kitchens. Any drinks or more napkins?" I turned around to face them with a kind smile.

"We're good, you can leave now." One of the other men waved me off.

"Of course." I held back a sarcastic remark.

I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. A smile grew on my lips. Five was here. Did that mean that I really did see Diego?

"They need you back in the kitchen." One of the waiting staff called out to me.

"I'm going, I'm going." I grumbled, glancing over my shoulder to see if Five has followed after me.

"Like now."