THREE| "I've missed you,"

EDIT X

Ava

"Hey, Sarah," I greet once I enter the kitchen, she was turned around, facing the stove.

"Good morning," she quickly responds, only turning for a second. Geez, everyone's always busy.

I wait until Sarah places a plate of toast with butter on in front of me before asking, "erm...Did Kai come home last night?"

I was fast asleep and it's not like you can hear the front door opening or anything and even if I could hear the car pull up, I'd be to out of it. Or even if I heard a certain, "I'm sorry" and "I love you," being whispered in my ear, how do I even know if it was real or just my lonely brain was making things up.

I guess that'll remain a mystery forever...

She nods, "yes he did," she hesitates before, "please excuse me, I need to get the laundry,"

I smile at her as she walks away, leaving me and my toast alone, "you're all I have," I say as I take a bite of the first toast, "but I'm sorry, you must go to,"

I was about to take another bite but pause at the sound of approaching footsteps and a familiar voice I hadn't heard in while, "I'm sorry, I hadn't realised you were that lonely,"

I abruptly turn around to glare at the person, who was walking towards me while fixing the buttons on his shirt sleeves, Kai looks up at me and gives me side smile, "Morning,"

I continue glaring at him before turning around with a huff, "I wonder whose fault that is," but quickly realising my mistake, I try and correct myself, "Casper doesn't come around like he used to,"

I hear Kai sigh before he walks towards me, placing a light kiss on my cheek before he seats besides me, "I'm sorry, I know I've been the worst boyfriend recently-"

I shake my head, "no, you have not! There's worse things you can do, like eating the last slice of pizza or kicking me out," that really wasn't a good range of examples...

Kai raises his brows and shakes his head, "I'd never do any of them. But, thank you for being so understanding, I promise once I've managed the workload, we can go on a vacation,"

I grimace at that, "we can't... I used up all my holidays to sleep at home..." definitely regretted it later, but did it again.

Kai facepalms, "Ava." Yeah...

"We can do something on a weekend," he suggests instead and I nod along, pretending like I haven't taken extra shifts to fill my days.

Sarah places a cup of coffee in front of Kai, completely taking me by surprise, when did she get here? I'm sure she's whether a ghost or a vampire.

Anyways, even though Ethan told me why Kai was so busy, I decided to still ask and show some interest in Kai's work, "How come you're so busy, don't you have like loads people to help around?"

He nods, picking up the coffee in one hand and taking a sip, while he grabs my hand with his other one, oh.

"My assistant is on leave, he usually takes half the work load,"

I stare at him confused, "why don't you just hire another one? A temporary one." Hire me. And we could completely our forbidden office romance.

He sighs, "I was about to, but I don't even have the time to deal with that," geez, are they really that busy?

I shrug, "Get someone else to,"

Kai smiles and stares at me, there's longing in his stare and admiration, "I've missed you,"

I smile at Kai, "I've-MISSED MY BUS!" I cry, staring at the clock behind Kai, "Aiden is going to kill me! He's going to make me wash all the coffee machines and scrub the toilets with my toothbrush!"

I quickly stand up, forgetting Kai was holding onto my hand, he stop me and pulls my back towards him, "Ava, calm down. I'll drop up off," Damn right you will.

Really wishing Sarah was an actual Vampire now, she could just whoosh me over there and we could whoosh back, whoosh, who-

Kai clicks his fingers in front of my face, snapping me out of my daze, "yeah sorry, let's go!"

.

.

I ran inside while panting, I think I'm going to die, "A-A-Aiden, I'm- I'm sorry- I- wait, I'm dying,"

He stares at me disappointedly before asking, "Did you run here from your house?"

I shake my head and point outside, not sure if Kai was still there,

He shakes his head at me and sighs, "that's literally like 5 steps."

I notice Charlie running towards me with a glass of water, I quickly grab it, finally giving my throat some relief, "I'm not dying,"

I hear Aiden mutter, "sadly," before he turns around and walks away.

I gasp, "I heard that!" So rude!

"Are you okay?" Charlie asks, taking the glass of my my hand, I nod, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"You're the only one who cares about me here," I exaggerate, walking to the back with Charlie.

"Is Rhys okay?" I hear him question,

I nod, "but I think we'll both me fired very soon,"

"Why?"

I look down sadly, "because we work the same shifts and he still hasn't made an appearance," I guess we can job hunt together. Back to jobless Rhys and Ava, Ava and Rhys.

"Oh,"

After a few seconds the door is pushed open and a red faced panting Rhys falls in, "I'm- I'm sorry, wait, I'm- I'm dying, someone-"

Sighing, I take the glass from Charlie's hand and filling it with cold water, handing it to Rhys who happily takes it,

"So, know any places that's hiring?" I ask, while Rhys was drinking, which was a big mistake because he chocked on his water and spat it out... On my face.

Could my day get any better?

Oh...Little did I know.

- Authors Note -

Hey guys, I think my writing spirit is slowly coming back! I hope you guys are still here!

Thank you for being patient with me💕