Chapter 20

“Kavya?” Varun whispered as he saw her walking towards them. The name came out of his mouth instantly. He looked shocked at that moment. He felt like he was dreaming.

"Rohini?" Ranbir asked as he walked near her. She nodded and smiled faintly.
“Oh my God! You have grown up so much.” Ranbir said in amusement. Both of them smiled and greeted each other. Varun was still in shock, he wasn't knowing why he called Kavya’s name. He kept quiet and listened to them talking.

While they showed them their rooms to stay in, Varun was still trying to figure out why they were here in the first place. It was all Ranbir's idea and he been so casual lately. While the boys followed Rey, Kriti followed Rohini and she wasn't at all listening to her talks. She was busy thinking about the relationship Rohini had with Varun, she noticed that change in expression in Varun’s face when he saw her coming and also heard him whispering something. But couldn't figure out what.

After they reached the room, Rohini unlocked the door and switched on the lights. It was a fancy room with a queen-sized bed, Kriti tried not to look excited. As Rohini saw her face, she couldn't stop smiling. Kriti’s attention was back to her again.

“You should take rest, you look tired. Get some—”  She was about to go when Kriti interrupted her.

“Um. . . Can I ask you something?” Rohini smiled and nodded.

“What is your relationship with Varun. I mean . . . How you both got to know each other?” Rohini just stayed silent and looked down. Kriti could sense that she did something wrong.

“I am sorry. I shouldn't have asked like that. I am re—”

“It's okay. Varun bhaiya used to study with my elder sister Kavya.” She smiled.
Kavya?! I have heard about her from Sid. Is she here? If Kavya is here then. . .she will be here too! PRI—

“Rohini, more guest is arriving. Come on help me out!” Rey shouted from behind.

“Coming, Bhaiya! Okay, take rest. Good night.” She smiled and left.

“So they are siblings, huh,” Kriti whispered while closing the door. She took off her sandal and jumped into the bed.

“WAIT! What do they mean by more guests?!”

***

“What you think you are doing, Ranbir! Why did you bring us here? You could have taken us elsewhere. You have so many friends staying in this area. Why are you doing this?!” Varun shouted getting angry at him. He had almost lost his control over his anger, he held Ranbir by his collar and asked him again the same questions. Ranbir just smiled and tried to calm him down.

“ Varun, I understand why you are angry. But try to understand. I did this because I know this is the right thing to do at this point.”

“ You know what is happening, right?! You know the consequences of the situation, right!”

“Yes, I know everything. You tell me what I am trying to do is wrong or right.”

“It's the stupidest thing you are doing! Everything was going smoothly. Why do you have to do this?” He finally loosened his grip on his collar.

“What do you mean 'why am I doing this'. To help my friend, isn't it obvious. Think deeply Varun, you can see everything in front of your eyes. It's time for good times now. We can not always stick to the worst time. We have to forget what happened in the past and give ourselves a second chance. And you know, it's not impossible! So help me with this,” Varun just rolled his eyes and left from there. Ranbir knew that he would be pissed, but it was for their good. He can't see his friends suffering.