Chapter 13

She just looked at me blankly, not a single word came out of her mouth. Wow! Very well... I have screwed this up again. I let go off her hands that I was holding back again when I was talking to her. I was really embarrassed, it wasn't my plan to confess but I did it. I did confess her my love. She kept on looking at me like I was an Alien. Its been long awkward stare now...we need to stop it. I raised my eyebrows, she came back to senses and awkwardly looked around. I just realised the awkwardness in the air.
I cleared my voice, "That's all I needed to speak. You have been a great friend to me as well. You are really good and attractive to me. Don't take me wrong, if you don't like me...it's okay. We can still be friends. You don't have to feel awkward around me. Come on, now let's go. Before anyone finds us here."
"Priya! Varun!  What's so important that you're talking? " Kavya came there looking at us, curiously.
"Nothing important." I smiled at both of them and got out of there, before making myself look like an idiot.

***

Kriti's POV

Woah? That wasn't a good reaction from Priya though. I really want to know if she also confessed her feelings. Because she loves Varun. And I know it.

I looked up at Sid who was drinking water. He looked at me confused.
"Dude, I really need your help," Ranbir came walking towards us.  He looked really pissed with something, when he saw me. He gave a big smile, "Oh sorry to disturb you guys." He started to move, I stood up. "No need to go, you can talk to him. I am really tired I will just leave. " I smiled and left them alone, headed to sleep.

As I woke up next day, I was greeted by the small girl again. She handed me new clothes, I wonder where they go for shopping? They have so many dresses to offer to a stranger like me. That was sweet of them, I smiled at her. She gave a warm smile and went away. As I went outside, I found everyone busy decorating their houses with beautiful wild flowers, which increased the beauty of the house. Everyone was so engrossed with their work, the day seems special for them. I don't know exact reason, but I guess it must be their festival or something.
Today women surrounded the bathing  place, I was able to bath properly. Soon I changed my clothes and went to look for the boys. I only found Arjun busy moving the hand-fan, beside him Varun was sitting like a king. As I entered into the room, both looked at me blankly. They both hated me so much. I looked around but didn't find Sid, and even Ranbir.
"Where's Sid?" I was finally able to ask them.
"Sid and Ranbir are still sleeping," Arjun said with a serious face, Varun didn't even bothered to look at me. I don't know what have I done to get this reaction from these two guys. Whenever I try to talk with the two, we end up with a fight.
I forced him a smile, and nodded. He kept looking at me with a blank face. I felt really awkward and started to move out.
Before I could get out, the village chief entered the room, smiling. As he saw Arjun and Varun inside, he did namastey. Both of them even, joined their hands and greeted the chief.
"Are you happy with our service, or there's anything else we could do?" He asked with a sweet voice. All of just nodded off, I was smiling like an idiot.
"Since, you are our guest. We couldn't be more happy to invite you to my daughter's wedding tonight. It's a precious day for the village, we would be really happy if you join us tonight."
The chief and his people kept looking at us, and I was still smiling.
"Yes, we will. By the way congratulations, sir." Varun extended his hands and shook hands.
They talked with Varun for some time and then went.
I was really excited that I would know more about their culture. Marriage is something important for both, the bride and her parents. I was really happy.

I went to my room, and found the girls holding clothes which was more attractive and shiny. As they saw me entering the room, the elder one stood infront of me.
"Didi, which colour do you like?" She showed me different colors of lehenga.
I took the red one, though black was my favourite color, but it looked good. They smiled and went.

At the lunch time, finally I was able to meet Sid. His eyes was swollen, he was sleeping for so long today. He gave me a faint smile, he looked really weak.
After the lunch, I went to him to talk.
"Hey, what happened?" I asked, while trying not to sound worried.
"It's nothing, don't worry," I wasn't able to hide though. I nodded as he looked away. He was hiding something from me, or may be I am over thinking.

Soon it was time for the wedding. I found the lehenga really heavy, which made me difficult to wear it. My hair got stuck with the lehenga's stone. I was really pissed, I tried to get it out but I failed. I needed some help, badly. I turned around as I heard familiar giggles.
It was the girl gang, I glared at them which made them stop laughing. They came forward and took the initiative to help me.
Finally, we were done. The lehenga looked really beautiful, it was backless. Only had lace at the back and the jewellery that the girls gave me to wear made it look prettier. They also helped to make my hairstyle.
After everything was done, I stood and looked around, they just gave a wow expression. I just blushed when they kept on giving compliments.
It was almost dark, we headed to the place. The lehenga was beautiful but it was very heavy. I kept on walking uncomfortably.

After a long walk, I reached there. The place looked so amazing, the place was lit with lights. And decoration was something magical.

As I walked in, everyone's attention went towards me, first I was taller than other and second I was walking like an idiot. I looked around and found Sid on the opposite side, he waved at me. I even waved back, I wanted to go near him. But damn, he was way too far and there were many people between us. I can't go near him, he smiled at me and then got busy talking with Arjun and Ranbir who were standing beside him.
I looked around but didn't find Varun. Wait, why am I searching that angry man. Am I forgetting something, that arrogant boys don't like to attend marriage, it's a stupid thing for them.

I saw that disgusting man who was badly beaten up by Varun, staring at my back. I walked away from his gaze, and stood back of women gang. I was busy looking at people, when I saw Varun entering. He wore a blue patiala which looked really looked good at him. I don't want to admit but he really looked kind of handsome.
As he entered he saw me, he kept staring at me for so long. The way his eyes looks at my body, and also I was wearing backless made me feel nervous. I awkwardly stood there, and didn't even move. His eyes met mine, and kept on starting in my eyes without blinking.
I looked away as he was making me feel very nervous. After sometime I looked back again, he wasn't there anymore. I looked around and didn't even find Sid and others. Instead, I found the disgusting man looking at me, he looked at my back and then winks. Disgusting!
I was about to walk off, when I felt someone standing extremely close to me. I could feel the muscular hand on my arms, I could also feel his warm breath falling on my neck.
Then I heard the familiar voice, whispering in my ears, which gave me  goosebumps.