Chapter 19

“What the hell is wrong with you!” Varun got up with irritation. He looked at her in anger, his signature deadly glare was on his face. Kriti was so used to it that she didn't even flinch a bit, she just pointed her fingers towards Pari who was running away. Without wasting a second Varun shouted, “Stop!”

The next thing happened really fast, Varun jumped off the truck not waiting for the truck to stop.

“Varun!” Kriti shouted in worry as he rushed towards Pari. Ranbir stopped the truck when he heard Varun’s voice, Sid woke up and looked at Kriti who was really worried. He could see, Ranbir and Arjun getting out of the truck, he didn't have any idea about the situation.

“Guys! What's going on?!” He asked in a calm voice.

“Pari ran away into the woods!” Ranbir exclaimed.

“Oh. . .What?!” He stood up and went to them, Kriti followed him.

“ It's a really dense forest, there's no way he will be able to find her.” Arjun murmured as he brought his flashlight.

“ Okay, then. We should go and help them.” Sid said and took another flashlight.

“Wait, even I want to help.” Kriti followed them, Arjun was bit pissed but there was the no time for argument. They followed the path those two went, after entering the forest Arjun and Sid went in a different direction. Kriti followed Sid, and Ranbir stayed in the truck.

Nothing was visible to them, the forest was covered with darkness. Kriti just followed Sid, they were busy searching in every direction but it was very difficult for them to see anything.

On the other hand, Varun was really close to Pari, he could listen to her footsteps very clearly. He was sure about the direction he was going. His speed kept on increasing as he moved forward, but suddenly he stopped as he wasn't able to listen to anything. She had stopped somewhere near.

“ Did you listen to that?” Asked Sid in a soft voice, Kriti nodded.

“Yes, ” she replied softly. He signed her to follow him, and she did the same. Sid started speeding up without making noise, Kriti tried her best to maintain the speed but suddenly she had lost him.

“ Shit.” She whispered, catching her breath. She looked back to find trees and thick bushes everywhere, she switched on her flash as she went forward. Every direction looked the same for her, she was really terrified at that point in time. She was sure she was going in the wrong direction. After walking for about ten minutes, she stopped. She was really sweating at that point in time, she was done with searching. She wanted to go back but couldn't find the way. Her eyes started to moisten, she was about to cry. She was completely lost and she didn't have any plan at that time.

She wiped her tears and started walking when she heard footsteps getting closer to her. She was very scared at that time when suddenly someone bumped with her. She immediately turned on her flashlight, only to find ‘sweaty’ Varun in front of her. She was relieved to see him and thanked God for it. Varun just rolled his eyes, she wasn't the thing he was looking for.

“What the hell are you doing here? That too alone.” His voice was, as usual, filled with arrogance.

“Anyways, search her, ” he didn't let her explain. He again started rushing in, Kriti just followed him before he was out of the sight. As she tried to run, she tripped. When she found Pari hiding behind a big tree, she looked at her in concern. Pari was relieved to find her, she looked really pale. Her hands and legs both were shaking. Kriti could see the pain in her. Pari just kept looking at her with the need for help. Kriti just stood there looking at her in concern and pointing the flashlight at her. She could listen Varun shouting her name and his footsteps getting louder and louder. She started to panic, she didn't know what to do. Without thinking much, she just closed her eyes and shouted.