Chapter 15

Before I could ask him anything, he went out.
"What the hell? Why did you lock me?!" I shouted, but there wasn't any reply.

I looked at Ranbir who sat next to me, "Ranbir? What's going on?" He just kept looking down and didn't utter a single word.

"Sid?" I looked at him as he kept his bag in the back seat. He just looked at me with disappointment.

"I am sorry," he went out avoiding me, but I wasn't ready to give up. I was more stubborn than him.  He walked to the driver seat and sat there quietly, patiently waiting for others to arrive.

I was really heart broken, Sid wasn't also with me. He wasn't telling me anything at all.

“Why is everyone silent? Tell me the reason. Why are you behaving like this with me?”

“Would you stop shouting? My ears are hurting!” Arjun entered the jeep with irritation and threw his bag near me.

“You want to know the reason, right.” I nodded and Arjun continued, “Boss has ordered us to kidnap you. And when it's his order, we don't take any kind of risk. Now you know the reason, I would like it if you shut your mouth. Or else it won't take long for me to inject you for one more time.”

I felt like my decisions backfired me, it was wrong this time. My place to be safe cost my death. If my father will know he will kill us. I don't want to die soon. I have to meet my grandpa.

Arjun rolled his eyes and sat at the middle seat.

“Stupid Girl,” he muttered under his breath.

I wasn't having much energy to even respond. I was really exhausted, my shoulders were heavy. I looked at Ranbir who had a concerned expression for me.

“Take this,” he passed me a bottle .“It will help you to get energy.”

I took it without hesitation.
Ewww...It tastes like medicine.” I was about to split it out but I was stopped by Ranbir.

“It's energy drink, Kriti. Don't split it out!” I gulped it in and that brought a smile on his face. I drank it all, even it tasted like medicine.

Everyone's attention went towards the front seat as Varun sat there with confidence.

“So, what now?” asked Sid. Everybody had that same question in their mind.

“Ride this jeep to nearest petrol pump.” Sid nodded and started driving.

The jeep went through the dense forest through the rough and bumpy road. The potholed road was making it difficult to have a smooth ride. It felt like I was on a jungle safari. We were surrounded by a dense forest and I could barely see much except trees and dirt flying off from the road due to our advancing jeep.

I looked at Ranbir but he was already asleep. I again looked back out of the jeep and waited for us to get out of the forest.

After a few hours, we finally came out of the forest. Now we were back to the highway road, and the car now went smoothly and much faster than before.

Sid stopped at the nearest petrol pump as instructed by Varun. Varun went out followed by Arjun. While Sid was busy filling up the fuel, Ranbir was still sleeping beside me. After fueling up, we waited for Varun and Arjun to return back.

“What happened?” Sid asked with concerned, as both them opened the door and sat inside the vehicle immediately without saying much. They had brought a black suitcase with them and Arjun kept it under his seat and passed Sid a photograph.

Sid examined it very carefully.

He gave it back to him and looked at Varun. “Where to go now?”