14 - Love

Tim walked— more like sprinted— to Kirstie's room.

When he approached the door, he immediately opened it, without knocking.

The first thing he saw was Kirstie on the floor. She was lying down, curled up and shaking. Her breathing was uneven as she tried to calm it.

Tim rushed over to her and sat down in front of her so he wouldn't scare her.

"Kirst, I'm here." He told her softly.

As soon as she heard his voice, she snapped her head up and grabbed onto him.

He pulled her into his lap and wrapped his arms around her.

She began to sob into his shoulder. Tim rubbed her back soothingly.

"Hey, shh. It's okay.." He rocked back and forth, slowly.

Kirstie held onto his neck, tightly, afraid that if she let go, she would lose him again. Tim kissed the top of her head comfortingly, trying to calm her down.

After a few moments, Kirstie's cries had dwindled down to sniffles.

Kirstie rested her head on Tim's chest, "Did you really mean it?"

"Mean what, hon?" Tim asked.

"That you didn't want to see me anymore." She said quietly.

Tim stiffened and clenched his jaw, "Who told you that? I never said that."

"Um, he had red hair. I don't know his name though, but I'm pretty sure he knows you."

Tim knew exactly who she was talking about. He couldn't believe he would actually do something like that to hurt the girl.

Trying not to get angry in front of Kirstie, he took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Whatever he said, I can tell you that it is 100% not true. I never want to stop seeing you, Kirst. I can promise you that." He told her.

"Really..?" She asked quietly.

Tim lifted her chin up, so she was looking at him, "Yes, Really."

Tears formed in Kirstie's eyes again and she started to cry again. Tim wiped the tears from her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"These last few days have been awful. I just wanted to be around you, but I was scared that everything he said was true. I didn't understand how you wouldn't want to see me anymore after all the time we have spent together..." She said.

"I know.. I didn't understand what I did to hurt you, but now I know that it wasn't even me. It was Austin." Tim said, gritting his teeth at the end.

"He's not very nice.." She told Tim.

"No, he's not." He said, agreeing.

"Why does he hate me so much..?" She asked quietly.

"I doubt he hates you. It's just that he is taking this competition too seriously. He doesn't want us to be distracted. And if he sees that any of us could possibly be, he goes crazy." Tim told her.

"What if he tries to break us up again?"

"That won't happen. I won't let it." He told her.

"Promise..?"

"I promise, love." Tim said, before kissing her cheek.

"I shouldn't have believed him in the first place.. I should have just called you." Kirstie said looking away from him.

"Kirst, look at me." He said softly.

She looked up at him slowly, with sad eyes.

"You have no right to be sorry. The days before had already been stressful enough, I understand that you believed him." He continued.

Kirstie nodded and sighed, before leaning back onto his chest. "Thank you for coming over."

Tim smiled, "Of course, Kirst."

"Can we watch a movie? I'll text Avi not to come over." She told Tim.

"Yeah, that's fine." He replied.

Tim stood up slowly, allowing the girl to find some balance after being on the ground for a long time.

The couple walked over to the couch and sat down.

______________

After watching over half of the movie, Kirstie looked over at Tim and smiled.

"Tim can I tell you something..?" She asked.

Tim looked at her and replied with a worried tone, "Um, yeah. What is it..?"

"I.. uh.. I love you.." She said quietly, looking into his eyes.

"What?" Tim asked softly.

She had never said that before.

"I love you.. Was that too soon? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It's just, after that voicemail you left, I realized how much I cared for and loved you. I realized that I couldn't live with you." She said rambling.

Tim stared at her with a giant smile on his face.

"I've already told you, but I will tell you again. I love you so much, Kirstie. With all of my heart." Tim told her.

Kirstie smiled up at him, before grabbing his face and kissing him softly.

The action took Tim by surprise, but he relaxed quickly.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and smiled into the kiss, before pulling away.

"That was amazing." He said, the smile never leaving his face.

Kirstie giggled and laid her head on his shoulders.

This was how they always wanted to be. Happy and in each other's arms. Away from whatever is going on outside of their room. They just wanted eachother.

[ pentuhtonics ]