06 - Elimination

i'm so sorry that this is so long AND that a lot of the stuff in it is useless AND it was not what i had planned on writing sooo yeah

_____________

The next morning came along quicker than Tim would have liked. Yes, he was beyond happy to be spending time with Kirstie, but he was also drained, for he didn't know how to hold onto this secret for much longer.

He had already messed up once. Although the guys hadn't noticed yet, they were bound to eventually. That was what Tim feared the most. He couldn't bear the thought of Austin telling Kirstie of his past. She didn't need to know. It was completely irrelevant to the relationship they had.

____________

The stress was getting to him. He had stopped going out on weeknights to celebrate going to the next round or just going out for drinks.

He desperately wanted to tell his bandmates of his relationship with Kirstin. Although they hadn't made it official, it was obvious that they both shared the same affection for each other.

He wanted to tell them how much she meant to him, how much joy she brought to his life. He only wished he could show off the beautiful girl he had spent so much time with, without affecting his relationship with his life long friends.

The weight of this situation was slowly dragging him down and he had no idea where or how to stop it.

____________

The band was now in the seventh round of the competition. There were only 3 bands left: Pentatonix, Homefree, and Voiceplay.

One band will be eliminated in round seven, then the last two bands will perform for the finale.

The guys had been working nonstop. They were constantly practicing their song whenever they had the chance, for they wanted to perfect it. Their desperation to win was greater than ever now.

It could be their big break. The winner of the competition would get signed onto a label. That would put the guys out there in the world for people to hear their work.

___________

To say Tim was nervous was a definite understatement. He was petrified. If they lost today, the guys would be crushed. They had been trying to make themselves known for over 10 years now.

Tim could hear their names being called for 10 minutes till show. He could feel his anxiety rising. If Kirstie weren't performing at the same moment, he would go talk to her, but for now he would just have to wait it out until she was done.

Chance walked over to Tim and patted him on his shoulder, "Hey man, you okay? You're not looking so good." He asked.

The taller man cleared his throat, "Oh- uh, yeah I'm fine. Just a little nervous ya know?"

"Yeah I get what you mean. I just can't believe we're almost there. We're so close to winning." He laughed softly and walked out the door.

"Yeah.. So close.." Tim mumbled under his breath.

As much as he wanted to win, Kirstie was still back in his mind. How would the guys react if Pentatonix won? Would they allow him to be in a relationship with her then, or would she still be considered the "enemy"?

Sighing, Tim walked out of the dressing room and into the hallway. He could hear the fans cheering for Pentatonix, who were now receiving comments from the judges. He smiled widely when he heard Sara Bareilles make a comment about how amazing Kirstie did on her solo. He was beyond proud of her and he couldn't wait to tell her later.

Once the judges were done, Homefree grabbed their mics and waited for Pentatonix to come off of the stage.

When they started to exit the stage, Tim walked over to the entrance to see Kirstie. The guys weren't paying much attention, so he didn't really try to sneak around as much.