09 - Mistakes

"You guys really want to meet her? You'll give her a chance?" Tim asked his band mates, minus Austin, smiling brightly. It has only just hit them that they'd just seen his first smile in a long time.

"Yeah, man. We've been thinking about it, and we should probably at least give this girl a shot." Adam smiled slightly at his friend. The others nodded in agreement, seeing the bass singers bright attitude. He quickly pulled out his phone to text her.

"I invited her to meet in my room tonight, you guys can meet her there." He explained, smiling, since Austin would be going to the store around that time and wouldn't be around to insult her. Now, all he could do was wait.

.......

"You're going to love her, I promise. Kirst is such a sweet little doll." Tim smiled at his friends, who were gathered in his room. When there was a knock at the door, Chance had wanted to step up to greet the girl from behind Tim, but Adam caught his arm, pulling both him and Rob back.

"I want to see what she's like when she thinks it's just them." Adam whispered, stopping to see the two's interactions.

Once Tim pulled the door open, he smiled as Kirstin's arms wrapped around his lower back, pressing her face against his chest. His arms wrapped around her as well, holding her close.

"Hi." She murmured. He chuckled.

"Hey, Kit. How are you?" He asked, frowning when he noticed the tension in her voice. She was clearly stressed out. "Are you alright?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, just stressed. Scott's being a little bit of a jerk with all the stress." She spoke softly, "said some mean things." She sighed, trying to brush it off. Her best friend was probably just anxious for their performance.

"Oh, doll." He frowned. He had forgotten about his friends, who were watching the two with confusion, all but Rob, who knew the answer to their question already. How were they so close after being apart so long?

In his concern, he leaned down to kiss the top of her head to comfort her. "I'm sure he's just panicking. Everyone is." He soothed her. She nodded, finally pulling away and frowning when she saw the group of men, taking Tim's hand. The man frowned. He'd forgotten to warn her about his bandmates being there! He squeezed her hand, feeling her anxiety was through the roof.

"Guys, This is Kirstin. Kirstin, this is Rob, Adam, and Chance." He introduced her, watching her take a small, nervous step towards him.

"It's nice to meet y'all." She offered them one of her signature, shy side-smiles that Tim loved so much.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Kirstin!" Rob gave her a warm smile, hoping to put her at ease. They could see her hands were shaking slightly, very nervous. She'd never been good around people, even her own bandmates had blow ups with her anxiety before, and these weren't just any people. They were Tim's friends, practically his family, that she knew already disliked her. The bass seemed to sense her hesitation, wrapping an arm over her shoulders to be a bit more visible reminder that he was there for her. He definitely wasn't going to have his friends upset her.

Their plan was to try to just observe the two more than anything, so when Tim offered a movie night, it seemed like the perfect fit. They could see how they acted, if this girl was good enough for their bass, or if they thought she was only leading him on.

Kirstie was next to Tim, with Chance on his other side, and the other two boys on the two chairs they'd pulled up to the left. Tim could tell Kirstie was nervous, as she hadn't cuddled up to him like she usually did. He didn't care that his friends were there, though, and grasped one of her hands in his. She smiled, laying her head on his shoulder.

It seemed perfect, until the boys decided it was time to start questioning the couple.

"So, when was the last time you two saw each other?" Adam asked, and Tim was about to spit a lie, but Rob gave him a look that said he could be honest.

"Last night. We see each other quite a lot." He smiled.

"Really? You went behind our backs to see each other?" Chance asked, eyes narrowing, but Adam stopped him. That wasn't something to do in front of Kirstie.

"Anyway, Kirst, what do you like about our Timmy?" Rob asked softly, trying to steer the conversation away from that.

"Oh, well, he's so thoughtful. And he really helps me when I get too nervous." She spoke, looking up fondly at the bass. "He puts up with all of my hugs, and cuddles me, even though he's so much taller." She giggled softly.

"You sure? You're not just after him due to the convenient timing?" Adam tested, making her frown.

"What? No, I-"

"Listen, I just need a straight answer. If you're just trying to screw with our win I guarantee it's not gonna happen." Adam reiterated, and Tim was getting angry now. He wasn't going to let them talk to her like that! He turned towards Adam to argue with him, not noticing her anxiety beginning to rise. Tim was scary when he was angry, and they'd both never thought he'd be the one to scare her.

[ roanseal3 ]