12 - Confusion

Tim stared at his phone screen for a few moments, confused as to what the girl was talking about. Assuming that she was talking about the night before, he quickly texted back a response.

T: Don't be, Kirst.

He knew how much anxiety she had and that she would dwell on things for a while before finally letting them pass. He thought that was one of those times.

After waiting for a response and never receiving one, he slid his phone into his back pocket and went to rehearsals.

When the band entered the arena, they heard Pentatonix finishing their rehearsal on stage.

Tim frowned. Kirstie didn't look okay. Did something happen after he left? Why didn't she call him?

He walked closer to the stage and sat down. He studied the girl. She looked as if she had been crying for hours.

Her eyes were puffy, her makeup looked like it had been barely fixed, and you could still see the tear stains on her cheeks.

Tim's heart ached. He wished he could run up on the stage and hold her until she was okay. He figured he would just go talk to her after rehearsing.

_________________

After Homefree walked off stage, Tim put his mic up and immediately started on his way to Kirstie's room. He didn't even tell the guys anything.

He walked to her room and knocked on the door.

After a few moments, Avi opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Tim.

"I could ask you the same thing." Tim said.

"I don't think Kirstie wants to see you right now." He said, trying to close the door.

Tim grabbed the handle. "What are you talking about?" He asked, confused.

Avi scoffed. "Seriously? You're just gonna hurt her like that and come crawling back like nothing happened?"

Tim stood there dumbfounded, "What? I didn't hurt her did I? If I did, I certainly wasn't aware. Can I go talk to her?"

"I don't think so. You've done enough." With that, Avi closed the door, leaving Tim standing in the hallway, confused.

He shook his head and started walking back to his room. The whole walk there, he tried to think of what he could have done to make Kirstie upset.

Nothing was coming to mind. When he made it to his room, he opened the door and fell onto the bed.

Tears brimmed his eyes as he picked up his phone. He dialed Kirstie's number and sat for a minute before pressing the call button.

He held the phone to his ear and desperately waited. After three rings, the call went to voicemail.

Tim threw his phone down in anger. He wasn't angry at her. He was angry that he didn't understand anything that was going on. He wanted to fix whatever happened. He didn't want what they had to end.

______________

The next day, Tim didn't want to get out of bed. He wanted to stay there until he figured out what he did to upset the girl.

They were okay the night of her panic attack. Now, she didn't want to see him? It didn't make sense.

There weren't rehearsals until later that evening, so Tim decided just to stay in his room. He got up to lock the door and walked straight back to bed.

______________

He had called Kirstie at least ten times in the last hour. He was crying at this point. He wanted to see her, hold her, tell her that he loves her, but she wasn't letting him.

Sighing, he picked up the phone one last time and called again.

As before, it went straight to voicemail. This time, he actually left one.

"Hey, Kirst. I am really sorry. I don't know what I did to upset you, but whatever I did, I respect you not wanting to see me. I hope you can forgive me for my unknown mistake. I may not ever know. Whatever happens between us, I want you to know that I love you.."

Tim was sobbing now.

"And I will always love you. You were the first person to ever show me how it feels to be loved. I thank you for that. I am sorry. Sorry for what I did to make you hate me. I assure you, I didn't mean it. I hope we can work things out. I love you with all of my heart, Kirstin.."

Tim drew a sharp breath in.

"I don't want this to be the end."

After finishing, the phone line beeped, signaling the end of the voicemail.

Tim was hysterical. He didn't want to live without Kirstie. She was the one who held him together and kept him from going off the deep end. He didn't know how he would handle this alone.

[ pentuhtonics ]