022

~

~

"HEY? WHATS WRONG
you haven't you know.. talked to me in like a week. is something wrong?" rue asked through the phone as lady was doing her homework atop her bed.

she had the phone next to her math book as she wrote down the equation, "no, i've just been... busy. you know?" lady responded with a lie. she hadn't been busy, well, busy doing drugs.

and avoiding rue. she didn't want to blame jules at all, because jules was drunk and lady knew for a fact rue was sober that night. she could've pushed the girl away.

she heard rue sigh through the phone, "look, i didn't want to bring it up but. fez told me that you came through?" lady gritted her teeth in anger, knowing it was a bad idea to go to fezco that day

she knew damn well he'd snitch to rue, but he was honestly the only plug she knew besides mouse but that fucker scared the shit out of her.

it was a risk that she regretted taking. "yeah no.. i wasn't-"

"look lady, if we want to continue our relationship we need to be honest with each other." lady, without response hung her phone up so she wouldn't go off on rue in anger.

instead she stood up and grabbed a little baggie full of the infamous white powder she couldn't stay away from, took a little on her finger and snorted it.

doing exactly what rue DIDN'T want her to do. she stood in silence for a few moments just looking at herself in the mirror before she heard a knock at her door.

lady stood up and walked downstairs to the door, already knowing who'd be standing there.

much to her surprise, she was met with much taller nate jacobs. "the hell?" she asked, nate stood tall at the door. "hey, could you let me in please? i think we should talk." he said.

lady, home alone, stood there in fear of what he'd say next. he probably found more shot to black-mail her with. her grip on the wooden door was rock solid, as her skin began to turn white.

she stuttered a bit, "uhm, nate, i don't think that's a good idea right now." her deep voice rasped out, looking up to the much taller man.

"please lady?" lady shook her head to his plea and began to go to close the door, instead, his foot blocked the path. he pushed the door the rest of the way open and barged his way in her undisturbed small home.

she didn't fight him, she just watched him walk in and roughly push past her, slamming the door behind them.

"i told you, i just want to talk. it'll be much easier if you just shut the hell up and listen." lady nodded shortly after, watching and following his footsteps into her dining room, sitting down at the table.

"would you, want something to drink?" she asked him, trying to forget the fact this man could lock her entire family up and that he just barged inside of her house.

"a water is fine." lady nodded, calculating her steps as she felt his eyes on her. she slowly reached for her cupboard door and pulled out a glass cup, eyeing the knives next to them. she could easily kill him. he wouldn't see it coming.

hand him the water, and fucking kill him.

she shook her and and washed out her cup, filling it with cold water while doing so, adding a few ice cubes into the mix. she handed him the cup of liquid and sat next to him.

"thank you." he said after a sip. he set the water down and held his hands in front of her, "have you, spoken to maddy recently?" he asked her.

lady shook her head, feeling as if she's being held hostage right now. "uh no, she still has me blocked on... everything." she said. nate nodded, "she misses you."

lady bit her lip, hoping her parents were close. "yeah, i uh. miss her too." lady said slowly, tapping her nails on the wood table. nates large hand went atop hers and held it in a surprisingly soft manner.

"could you speak to her? she needs you right now." nate asked her. the short-haired girl chuckled nervously, "I'll see, goodbye now." lady pulled her hand away and led nate to the door, opening it for him.

once he was outside, he looked at her, "so you're gonna talk to her?"

"no." lady grumbled, slamming the door on him and locking it this time. she hated being so terrified of him. but she wasn't gonna apologize to maddy because if maddy really missed her then, she'd apologize to her instead.

they're both to stubborn to act on anything so this thing will drag on probably until nate kills her or something.

ew this was really rushed and bad but wtv lol. this books gonna be on hold for a lil until i get the motivation to write for it again. i probably just have to rewatch euphoria or sum lmfaooo.