43. It's time for Sangeet!

Comenzar desde el principio

"Anyways, I see him absolutely ready now and be down in 5 minutes, we need to leave." Saying that, she exited the room and I looked at Rey who was trying to hold his laughter back. They always make fun of me! I won't pay any heed to it this time. I got up and walked to the mirror, fixing my hair and my coat and saw Rey looking at me amused through the mirror. I glared at him and straight away walked out of the room.

I slid into the car, along with everyone else and checked my pocket for my mobile, but didn't find any. I sighed as I remembered Rey taking it from me. I looked out of the window, to where Rey was standing at the steps and instructing the driver of another car something. I saw him walking towards our car and I called him out.

"Rey, give me my mobile!" I ordered him but he gave me a bored look and walking to the other side, he slid into the driver seat.

"I won't." He said and by the tone of his voice, I understood that he was frustrated with me. He drove us out and I looked out of the window, thinking all the possibilities of the meaning of the message. Why did she say I am dead? Is she mad at me? She hasn't even answered any of my calls from morning nor did reply to my messages. What wrong did I do now?

"Get down, we are here." I heard Rey's voice and I looked around to see everyone had left the car and only Rey and me were sitting inside.

"Give me my mobile please?" I requested this time and he sighed, fishing out my mobile from his pocket and forwarding it towards me. I took it quickly.

"Swayam, everything will be alright." he said and I just looked down.

"But what if she is upset because of me again?" I asked looking at him and he face-palmed himself.

"You are the groom! Stop behaving like a nervous bride!" He shouted at me and I gulped.

"But the bride is Sharon..." I said thinking about her and Rey sighed in frustration. He looked at me irritated and without even saying anything, he went out and just shut the door with a loud thud. What did I do now? Without wasting anymore time, I got down and we all headed directly to the huge lawn's gate.

As soon as we were at the entrance, aunty and some of her relatives were already waiting and welcomed all of us. Rey was no where near me and I assume he went to the gang, to check on everything maybe. I looked around hoping my eyes would land on the most awaited ones but found Pia no where. Where is she?

"Someone is getting very impatient to see his bride!" I heard some lady remark and I immediately looked here and there, embarrassed. I heard giggles and chuckles and with that, we all walked in. We were just walking in when suddenly, all the lights went off.

"What happened? Sid go and check why the electricity ran out." I heard Avantika aunty order and Sid immediately left. I was surrounded with ladies and some men and they started talking and gossiping among themselves and I quietly walked from middle of them feeling suffocated.

I was standing out of their group, at a corner and was looking around when someone suddenly grabbed my hand. I was about to yell but a hand covered my mouth and I realised the touch. Turning slightly, I saw a feminine figure standing, confirming my doubts. I smiled because I knew it was my Sharon but frowned when she started dragging me somewhere. After walking away from everyone, she dragged me behind a tree within the fence where we would get a little privacy in this darkness.

She removed her hand from my mouth and looked around to see if anyone noticed. She relaxed after confirming no one witnessed and turned to look at me sternly. Suddenly, I realised she had sent a text and now this stern gaze of her made me gulp.

"So?" She asked in a cold voice, folding her hands in front of her chest.

"S... So?" I asked back, my voice quivering a little and I immediately cleared my throat to cover it up.