34. Mothers gone crazy

A/N

Heyyyaaaa people!

I am back with an update and the main twist is in here! I hope you guys will like it!

Happy reading!

*This chapter was published first and I deleted the previous publish because it had a huge blunder! If anyone had already read that before, I request you to go through this update again. Only the flashback part*
________________________

Swayam's POV

I sat on the bed, rubbing my hands on my face, thinking about what I heard on call. What if my Sharon agrees to marry some other guy? What if she doesn't love me like before? Has her feelings for me erased completely by just an accident? No! I can't let that happen! Not at all! I pulled my hairs in my hands and rested my elbows on my knees, thinking what's happening in my life.

I sighed and strode towards the mirror, and looked at my few minutes back happy but now frustrated face. I loosened my tie and removed it, sliding down my coat too. I got home late from today, as I was stuck up with some work. That's is why even seeing Sharon on video call was a bit late. I heard a knock on my room door and ordered whoever it was to come in. In came a maid, who was looking down and bowed in front of me, wishing me.

"Sir, ma'am has said to inform you that dinner is ready and said you to come down" she said.

"Okay, I will be there in 10 minutes" I replied and she left. I took a deep breath to calm myself and quickly freshened up, changed my work clothes and walked out of the room, down towards the dining.

I frowned seeing Taani at the table, but Alia was no where to be seen. Why is she here today? Something special or something happened? It's not like this is not her home, it is, but still. As far as I remember, my brother-in-law is in town only. Don't know what's the matter... Pushing the thoughts out of my mind, I took a seat at the table. Even papa was at the dining table. Strange. The last time I checked, I was late from office. Why is everyone eating the dinner so late?

"Hi bhai, good evening" Taani wished as soon as she saw me and I wished her back, smiling at her and took my seat.

"Did something happen? Taani is here at this time and even you guys are eating so late?" I asked and kept my voice as emotionless as possible.

"What bhai!? Can't I come to my own house now?" Taani fake glared at me and resumed her eating, huffing dramatically.

"Nothing happened son. We just ate snacks late and they were a bit heavy, so eating our dinner now, with you" my dad replied. I just nodded and tried to concentrate back on my food. Tried. I just couldn't bring myself to eat it. I am thinking about my Sharon and what I heard on the call... I hope something pops up in my mind soon and I can get her back! Thinking about it, brought me a sour mood and I ate the food forcibly, being quite all the time though every morsel seemed like a rough pebble to my throat.

"Swayam are you busy tomorrow?" Mom asked out of nowhere and I thought about it. Yes, I do have a busy schedule but not that tight. Nothing much important either.

"The usual but I am busy" I replied shrugging and put another morsel in my mouth.

"Good. I want to be free in the afternoon" she said casually but I frowned. Never ever did my mom asked me to be free from my work because of her work.

"And why would I be?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Because we are going for a family lunch tomorrow" she said, in a voice perfectly measured, as if she was afraid of my reaction.

"Mom you know I don't do these family lunches and dinners. Please take Taani with you" I said irritated, because she already knew how I am. Here I am worried about my Sharon and she is asking for a lunch! I am getting a headache already. A bad day Swayam! This is really a bad day.