𝖎𝖝. The Power of the Lunar

『Act I • Side A』
CHAPTER NINE

『Act I • Side A』CHAPTER NINE

✨🌙🔮🌙✨

(a/n: i dont normally do this, but pls comment!!)

June always knew she was right.

She has been right about the secrets. About her parents keeping things from her. Clandestine truths dwindling into myths. June knew they weren't myths. Her whole childhood had four walls of secrets surrounding her, raising higher relentlessly, brick-by-brick, concealed with stone-hard cement. June thought she would never be able to leap over the wall, to escape the whispers of lies. False truths, a facade to camouflage what's real-- and it was all her parents' faults. 

Her mother's fault.

Even if she doesn't want to believe it, June knows Eliza wasn't lying. She told June that her mother had been a Lunar witch too, that she is a Lunar witch, just like June. And her mother who had the experience of being a witch, took away her own daughter's chance to live like her. But maybe she didn't because being a Lunar witch is hard, June convinces herself, she doesn't want you to go through that.

But deep down, even June knows that her mother should've told her the truth. Mitsuki Tanaka is a jewel of a woman. An ever-smiling candle emitting light for her daughter, her lies melting with the wax. June wonders if her smile was a lie too, but she can't know for sure. Whatever her mother's intentions were, they failed terribly. June got dragged into the whole supernatural mess, into the cursed motel last night. A cat showed up almost wherever she went. Her eyes inexplicably turns into the shade of midnight purple, the Demon Wolf is after her. June doesn't know if she should tell her parents she knows everything now.

She stops walking abruptly, lingering midway through the bus. Scott is there, sitting on the last seat, his head slumped against the window as he tries to sleep. His brows are scrunched in discomfort, his fingers entangled together. June could only stare at him. There are so many things around her that don't make sense; but none like Scott does. It started with him, and with each dying hour it seemed like some sort of intangible magnet pulled them close. To become one. Her world evolved because of him, because of her dreams that she's afraid she'll see every time she closes her eyelids. 

Her heart wallops. She wants to stop it.

"Move." A voice of burning steel demands. June turns around, unsurprising to see Eliza behind her, rolling her cerulean eyes. June doesn't heed her, and so Eliza takes the liberty to slide past June only to stop in front of the last seat. She narrows her eyes, studying it. June waits for Eliza to move forward but the Agni witch unexpectedly turns, her silver-gold hair nearly slapping June.

Eliza plastered the largest smile on her face. "Where are you gonna sit?" 

Like fate, June's eyes travels to Scott before she can even think. Eliza swiftly follows her eyes, her smile widening. "Next to Scott?" She asks aloud, awakening Stiles and Allison who also rest on the last seat. Scott however, stays there.