𝖛. Black Omen, Pt. i

『Act I • Side A』
CHAPTER FIVE

『Act I • Side A』CHAPTER FIVE

✨🌙🔮🌙✨

The dream doesn't leave June even the night when she figures out the truth. It was the very same: her stranded on a clear full moon night, the starless sky blanketing half her face and in front of her, Scott McCall crouches on both knees, snarling as his ruby red eyes over-shine the moonlight and fear bites at her again. She woke up in the middle of the night that morning, soaking in her own sweat as she breathed heavily, begging for some air into her lungs.

June wouldn't say that she had handled the news of her being a witch (or even the existence of the supernatural) very well. Her first thought is to confront her parents but considering how they never really got together, June stepped back from the idea. The last thing she needs other than being a disappointing daughter is her parents calling her crazy. She isn't overly fond of the word, so she silently climbed upstairs to her room, smiling at her parents like nothing happened.

The ride from home to school was as wordless as ever and June could only think of the same thing. Her anxiety was tripping, she worried her nails with her teeth, getting way too panicky about encountering the gang (as Stiles called it) once again. She knows little to nothing about her own self, let alone werewolves with red eyes, that just got her to wonder how was she supposed to handle it? Lydia mentioned that her superpowers were magic, and June was too off-course in her own mind to ask her the redhead anything else.

Ever-so-anxious, June stands still in front of her locker, staring at it with so much concentration she thinks she can open them with her mind. And shouldn't she be able to do that? Isn't telekinesis a part of witchery? All these questions make June want to bang her own head into the locker. A sudden stir in the stillness next to her causes June to turn, her heart colliding with her throat. Seems like almost everything got June scared  now and she wishes that it wouldn't happen as often as it did. Standing against the locker next to her is a gritty boy who smirks on his jawline, his sienna hair glowing gold in the sunlight. June immediately recognizes him as one of the twins who newly joined this year, but they're both too identical for her to pinpoint which twin he is. She furrows her dark eyebrows questioningly as he eyes her. "Hey," he says flirtatiously, biting his lower lip. June widens her eyes in shock, that definitely isn't what she thought he would say. But at least now she knows which twin she is looking at.

"Aiden," She greets, raising one eyebrow. His twin, Ethan, is gay so it has to be Aiden trying to flirt with him right now. 

"You know who I am then." He relaxes his shoulder from the locker, but his eyes are still teasing over her. 

June narrows her eyes as she shifts in her position uneasily, "Should I not be knowing who you are?"

Aiden chuckles at her response, a hint of red on his cheek. Somehow, June knows she doesn't like where this is going. All she wants to do is escape but the same emotion is blocking her actions— fear. "Now that you do know me," Aiden starts, licking his bottom lip. June's heart thuds against her chest Please don't say it, please don't say it, she repeats in her mind as though it would stop from what's coming. "How about we get to know each other better?"