Chapter 18 - A Farewell

Start from the beginning

Cruel. Terrible. Inhumane. Why? How could they? Just for money, they were daring enough to cause an extinction? Betraying them just for that?

Byakko always had a lonely look on his face every time he gazed at the other monsters who were playing around with their families. He smiled while having a longing gaze on them. When he came at me, he always asked me to pat his body and spend time with him. It was obvious to me that he just wanted someone to be like his family.

My heart hurt. Simply thinking that his family died because of some greedy causes made me feel both sad and angry. If I felt like this, I couldn't imagine how painful it was for Byakko.

[I managed to survive. But, the cost of it was my family. My father who took most of the damages. My brother who fought back the pursuer. My mother who told me to run away while protecting me. All of them died because of your kind! And now, you're trying to kill my Master! The only family I have left! ]

Byakko bared his fangs to the elf, Lucas, whom I will never add another honorific on his name anymore. Needless to say, Lucas fell on his feet as he trembled in fear.

Upon this scene, I felt neither pity nor worry to him. It was wrong to judge one because of it's race's deed. However, it was not wrong to judge one who knew the deed yet did not do anything to prevent it. Lucas knew about the massacre yet he did not try to do anything.

[I really want to end you right here and now. However, I don't think I have time to bother with a weakling like you. Neither I will have a turn for this. Your judgement shall be conducted by my Master. Furthermore, my leader and companions has come.]

«Reporting. Four powerful energy burst have been detected. Investigating... Completed. Probability of Master getting hurt : 0%. Lessening the incoming impact on Master's hearing.»

[AAAUUMMMMMM!!]

[UAAAHHHHH!!]

[SSHHAAAAAA!!!]

I knew these roars and animal cries. They were my very beloved familiars. Fron the way they sounded, they seemed to be very angry and worried.

I looked at the people around me. The villagers were trembling in fear. Some even fainted and cried themselves. Lucas was on the ground, as if trying to endure the powerful pressure from the cries. Paul-san was calm, or at least he looked so. His eyes were glowing red.

Carla-san was hugging Mia-chan tightly in her arms to protect her from anything that will come. I was both impressed and surprised by her strength and will. She forced herself to stay conscious to protect Mia-chan. As Mia-chan's consciousness had already begone by now, her body was limp in Carla-san's embrace.

Before I could explain, the next roar shut down all the courage that the people around me had left inside them.

[ROOOOAAARRR!!!]

Along with the roar, the sky darkened. The clouds were black and the light from the sun barely reached the ground.

It was the loudest, scariest and deadliest roar they probably have ever heard in their lives. The pressure coming from the roar made all of them fell on to the ground. Most of them fainted. Even Lucas fainted on the spot. Carla-san was desperately hugging Mia-chan who had lost her consciousness to protect her from the source of frightening roar.

The only people who were conscious right now was me, Paul-san and Carla-san, who barely retained her consciousness.

Paul-san was barely able to stand from the strong pressure. He seemed to be in disbelief of what had happened.

Me? I was not affected by them at all. It was as if all those negative effects never touch me.

«Notice. The pressure and mind-inducing roar had been neutralize. Examining Master's condition...completed. Condition: Fine.»