Chapter 25 - Us

Long time no see and without wasting another minute here we are with another chapter! Enjoy!

*********************************

I looked at Hayato, who had a guilty yet determined expression as he began to explain. It was the same face as the last time I had seen him before I died.

"First of all, Yuuki, I want to ask you a question. How long has it been since you've last seen us?"

"How long...what do you mean by that?"

"Literally, like how long has it been since you've reincarnated?"

I could have guessed, what he wanted to ask actually was how long has it been since I'd died. However, he tried to avoid mentioning my death directly when facing me.

"It's...been a while. I can't remember, but it's not been more than a year, I think."

Hearing my answer, Hayato smiled helplessly as if he knew this would happen.

"I see... Yuuki. For you, it might have been several months, more or less. However, Chisa and I have been living a lifetime. For us, you had been gone for more than a few decades."

I did not know how to react to that information. They had lived longer than I had been reincarnated. In a sense, they were solder than me. But...

"Why do you look so young, as if it was just before I died?"

"That...is where the god of life and death, whom you called Shin comes into this matter. For you, he is currently in a contract with whom he calls Creator for you to meet us...and to grant our wish to meet you for the last time."

Shin...why did you do this?

I could not fathom, just why was he willing to sign a contract with the Creator, who even the gods would not dare to speak to?

And, why did you want to meet me? Just live happily together already, I had given you two the green lights. What more do you want?

"Yuu-chan, I know we have done something very bad to you, unforgivable even so. It's your right to ignore what we are about to say, and it's fine if you don't want to look at us. However, I hope you will give me a chance to express what I have always wanted to say to you. Will you, Yuu-chan?"

With a touch as gentle as she had always done, she grabbed one if my hands and looked at me in the eyes. The clear, beautiful eyes that I messed so much recently were looking at me with the sincerity and honesty I remembered.

Unknowingly, my head nodded at her plea and she began explaining everything... everything she wanted to say to me. It was just like before, she was the talker, and I was the listener. Just like old times...

It was a story. It was their story after I passed away. I could not be saved since I had lost too much blood and my insides were injured beyond repair. The truck driver who drove recklessly was caught and put in jail due to murder and dangerous driving. The lawyer and the man who gave me my father's will came to the funeral to help settling a few things as I had made a deal with them. I was glad the man was willing to be my helper before we separated.

As per my will, my funeral was held moderately and my fortunes were split to a few parts. For some, I donated to the orphanage. There were other things but, I did have a part for Chisa as she was the only person who was close to me back then. I had no regret doing that even though both of them had done such things to me.

"When you died, did you know? I felt like I was the worst human alive in the world. No, I was the worst. I couldn't deny that. I know you will say the opposite and deny me, Yuu-chan."